Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a z6 with an si trans with a new 8lb flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch and pressure plate, with the car in the air it will shift into all gears while running, and when off, but when its on the ground and running nothing.... the fork/arm that stick out the tranny that the cable hooks up to doesnt have really any resistance, is that normal or should it be hard as shit to move up and down??

when i installed the tranny everything went in smooth and i played with the arm after i installed the new throw out bearing and it moved forward, im so lost on whats wrong

when i pull up the arm it feels like at the very top im hitting the pressure plate then it cannot move ant further, is there a way to adjust the release bearing so its up further?

also before i had the si trans or after market stuff, i had the stock dx trans and flywheel and clutch and had this same issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a cable tranny so no lol, and yea i have, but even with the cable unhooked and i stand on the side of the car and hold the arm up it still will not go into gear

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
the lever should be pretty stiff as you are pushing on the pressure plate. If there is no resistance to the lever you have something together wrong and/or something is broke...IIrc there is a pin that holds the cluch fork to the shaft to keep it from spinning inside the fork. if this has came out then you would never push the pressure plate.

Someone correct me if Im wrong. and sorry for the lack of correct terms...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that actually was what i was coming to think, but i was hoping i wouldent have to take the tranny back off yet again, thanks

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
that actually was what i was coming to think, but i was hoping i wouldent have to take the tranny back off yet again, thanks
If you can pull the level all the way up by hand than you are not pushing the pressure plate in. The trans has to come back out.

Ninja Edit* I just re read you post and it seems like what you are saying is that the arm gets hard to pull up once it hits the pressure plate, This is correct. Post pics up of whats going on. It may just be a stretched cable, Have you tried adjusting it up the whole way?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i just messed around with my dx tranny and the arm is a tiny bit more stiff so maybe the bolt holding the spring on the inside came out or something, lifer the arm only gets hard to move because its at the top of the tranny and gets stopped. guess the tranny is coming out tomorrow but this is like the third time installing one so it should be a breeze...... NOT... ill get some pics up

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
well i just messed around with my dx tranny and the arm is a tiny bit more stiff so maybe the bolt holding the spring on the inside came out or something, lifer the arm only gets hard to move because its at the top of the tranny and gets stopped. guess the tranny is coming out tomorrow but this is like the third time installing one so it should bet a breeze...... NOT... ill get some pics up
If you can move the lever arm all the way to the top with no resistance than something is wrong, you seem like you are on the right track. :bigok:

This is the part you need to look at #11
Auto parts store: Honda Parts | Acura Parts | OEM Automotive Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea =/, this really sucks cause i just put everything in, is the easiest way to drain the oil and pop the axles completely out rather then taking off the boots? but with that way how hard is it to line the spindle up on the reinstall?...... and what if the bolt is in and its moving, does that mean i need a new spring... like i said ill get pics up after i take it out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i am a complete idiot, so the clutch and everything was fine all along, i needed to tighten the cable (i thought i was but really i wasnt lol) i took everything off, the linkage the starter the axles and the tranny bolts and the mounts and got an idea to check the arm again and figured that out, tried to drive it and it kept stalling, just went out and looked at it and i forgot to plug the map sensor back in -_-, going to try again tomrrow, thanks everyone for your help. me = huge idiot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts