Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch seems to catch when I do as little as move my big toe. It's been bled but is still doing it. Got a master and slave cylinder coming tomorrow. And other suggestions to get it gripping right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I push it down, and when I let off pressure in the slightest the clutch starts to engage and take off there is no leeway in it engaging. The pedal also has about a half inch play when out

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
If you have no leaks on the system, tighten up the pedal play so you get more hydraulic push to get the slave to push the clutch fork out a bit more.

At your clutch pedal, the slave push rod threads into the clevis, and there is a jamb nut threaded on to it, a 14mm. You can loosen the nut, and rotate the pushrod out so it begins to thread out of the clevis. This will lengthen the pedal stroke and tighten pedal free play. Turn it out 1-2 full 360 degree turns at a time with a pair of pliers, and re-check your clutch grab. See if it gets better. Once it feels good, tighten thr jamb nut.

Do NOT loosen the push rod all the way out of the clevis!!! You need all of the clevis threads to be engaged to the push rod, not half way, not 1/4, keep the push rod flush with the end of the clevis, that is your max allowable point if needed. You shouldn't need to thread it all the way to max to fix your problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have no leaks on the system, tighten up the pedal play so you get more hydraulic push to get the slave to push the clutch fork out a bit more.

At your clutch pedal, the slave push rod threads into the clevis, and there is a jamb nut threaded on to it, a 14mm. You can loosen the nut, and rotate the pushrod out so it begins to thread out of the clevis. This will lengthen the pedal stroke and tighten pedal free play. Turn it out 1-2 full 360 degree turns at a time with a pair of pliers, and re-check your clutch grab. See if it gets better. Once it feels good, tighten thr jamb nut.

Do NOT loosen the push rod all the way out of the clevis!!! You need all of the clevis threads to be engaged to the push rod, not half way, not 1/4, keep the push rod flush with the end of the clevis, that is your max allowable point if needed. You shouldn't need to thread it all the way to max to fix your problem.
Thanks I'll try this today

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,484 Posts
Bleed the clutch FIRST! I've never had to adjust the push rod, something else was wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts