Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jdm 93 D15b Vtec
Turboed with Godspeed kit what type of clutch kit you guys recommend for 170-190whp?
I have a pretty bad vtec tranny,
Should I replace it or rebuild it? Whichever is cheaper but I'm planning to replace it when I do the clutch job.
I dont know what the prices range for this.

I got a spare d16a6 block in my backyard really good condition what do you guys think of making this 1.6 mini me? my 1.5 is in good condition but seeing as how I'm taking out the tranny i should just take out everything.

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
clutch masters stage 3 on stock flywheel. its like 180 shipped and its good to like 350 hp.
Or, lol, you could buy a stock clutch that comes with the pressure plate pilot bearing throw out bearing and clutch disk for $80. Or get on ebay and get a stage 1 clutch with all the same shit for the same price. Then get the flywheel resurfaced for no more than $20.

That wouldn't have a problem holding up to your power goal, and you still get to keep the stock-like feel on everything.

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay thanks i'll look into it, yeah figures i probably don't want to put much money into this. if it's still running

1 - 5 of 5 Posts