Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'90 Integra DB1
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and girls . . . Just got me a 93 Civic EX Coupe . . . Going to make it 5 speed and before you flame me for this decision the car was 500 running and the parts are cheap and I been swapping shit for almost a decade now so I won't be asking for any help I've already searched all the stuff I need to know in case I forget something along the way . . . Now my whole reason behind this post is I know what clutches I loved for my cable trans in my Integra but will a competition stage 2 with lightweight flywheel be good for a daily that I'm possibly looking into a bisi 1.2, I/H/E, and of course tune just to make sure I get all I can out of it? I wanna keep the single cam because swapping is to easy and i think it could be fun. Thanks guys for any push in the right direction.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
IMO, it depends on what stage 2 you get. Different brands produce different results. But you should be fine with a stage 2. Also the bisi 1.2 is a nice upgraded cam, however, if you can save your money from the bisi, i/h/e and buy a turbo, you'll be MUCH happier with the end result.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
search

if you been swapping for a decade, by now I hope you have a good idea of various clutches

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
He has a valid question. On my Crx I like a softer clutch due to it being cable. Same with my old 89 hatches. But they have to hold some power too. On my 95 however, I'm making much more power but being hydrolic, pedal feel/stiffness wasn't much of a concern so I went with the strongest clutch my wallet could afford.

As for a lightweight flywheel, how light is the real question. Do you plan on autox or drag along side a daily driver? If you dd and autox I'd go light on the flywheel, that is unless you have a/c. For the dd weekend strip car then go a little heavier. Not much less than stock. Do you plan on going forced induction down the road?

·
Registered
'90 Integra DB1
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Look just looking for a simple answer. Is it a good choice for a DD D16. I do hit the local 1/8th mile from time to time and weekend ill advised activities do happen at times. No plan for turbo because I got another car I'm working on. And the smart ass that said search should know between D, B, K, H and what ever else you want to throw in there the clutches may be different from time to time and like the other guy said one makers stage 2 might be different from the other stage 2. But I also know like any good Honda guy Cable/Hydro Transmissions feel way different. So like I said just a simple single cam to get me around town and have a little fun.

So competition stage 2 with light weight flywheel is my weapon of choice, will the D handle it ok or should I look into another option?

My cable transmissions hated the ACT clutches I kept blowing diffs but Clutchmaster and Competition I always had good results. So I'm hoping for the same just looking for advice guys that is it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts