Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my lsd dragger clutch in my boost ej8 after about 1000-1500 miles or so. I took off my tranny out to replace it and decide to take a peek at the clutch and this is what I found. I'm not sure if it's still good to run it or not so I'm asking you guys for suggestion. Run it or replace it?

Crappy cell pics.

MOD: Feel free to move it if it's not in the right section.

·
Registered
114 Posts
use a feeler guage cant tell by the pics kinda blurry

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
haha looks like mine that i just put in! :bigok: have had it for 4 yrs of intermittent use.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
ive seen worse work! buddy of mine had peices misson off the disk.
then it finally let go completely. peices were melted into the PP and flywheel.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^Dropping the tranny is no biggy. I'll just run it for now. If it fail then I'll just grab an Action clutch.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
looks fine to me, they gonna have glaze on them period if you are slippin off the line like should.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
I know where you can find an almost brand new Action for cheap ;)
look at this guy pluggin his forsale in the thread hahahaha
ya ryan!

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
:pinch: you better have not put in some shit like that in the sedan. i shall never drink with you again!:nono:
hell yes i did, though your partially right. i would never put a sprung disc in! :beer:

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
It looks like you used slicks, aren't you ? If you want to use it back, clean it with a sandpaper, if you worried a bit about that, take the pressure plate and flywheel to the engine machine shop and ask for a clean cut on both parts, and drive it gently after for few hundreds miles.

Good luck !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts