Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 89 crx si six puck clutch for my crx from clutchmaster and the clutch discs are way 2 small and the pressure plate dosent even go on to the flywheel cause its 2 small has anyone else had this prob, im thinkin they just shipped me the wrong clutch. Also will a clutch 4 a 90-91 civic/crx fit my 89 si tranny, Ive herd that there are spline differences in the some of the trannys and am curious thanks. Kinda in a bind cause im ready 2 put my built motor in the car and ran into this prob and need help fast.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Also will a clutch 4 a 90-91 civic/crx fit my 89 si tranny, Ive herd that there are spline differences in the some of the trannys and am curious thanks.
Yes it will work. 88 had a different spline count from 89, 90, and 91.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys, I plan on running an exedy stage 1 organic clutch kit on my D16a6. The motor is on a rover 216 GSi but i dunno from which civic is the motor donated, I think it's the 89' si but some web sites give this clutch kit with 200mm clutch disk and other with 212mm. I'm kinda confused, please help me.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I should point out that you should be starting your own thread in the Transmission section and not jacking a week old thread that was in the wrong section in the first place.

Clutch should match your trans/flywheel. Most can run 212mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts