Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hopped in my car the other day and as i depressed the clutch to start the car, i immediately felt that the clutch felt really different. It seems like the pedal was softer and easier to push down. The engagement point also seems like its further back (closer to the floor) from from what it used to be. It just feels really weird. It's like driving a different car. Clutch effort is really light now and it's not to my liking at all.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I checked the tranny fluid resovoir and added some more fluid this morning. Problem is still there. i hope my clutch isn't going out. i don't think it is. The change is too drastic.. it's like night and day. And no signs of slippage yet.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. =)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,297 Posts
bleed the clutch system FULLY, get all that black gunk out.

Check under carpet on the firewall, see if the clutch master cylinder is leaking, if so replace.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
transzex said:
bleed the clutch system FULLY, get all that black gunk out.

Check under carpet on the firewall, see if the clutch master cylinder is leaking, if so replace.
am i gonna be able to bleed the system myself?

and which side of the firewall is the master cylinder on?

I was really hopin it wouldn't be a leak cuz i saw some black gunk drops on the floor of my garage (passenger side) the other day after washing my car

*crosses fingers*

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the problem is gone.

Clutch feels back to normal now i think. Definately feels stiffer like it was before. Double checked for leaks.. didn't find any.

I guess the fluid i added just needed a bit more time to settle in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts