Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A coworker has a b16 with a type r trans. He recently replaced the clutch and flywheel with ACT components. The other day he was down shifting, came to a stop, and couldnt go back into gear. If the engine is off you can shift into all gears normally. If you put it into gear then start the car you can feel binding and then it will die. He replaced the master and slave cylinders no change. His clutch fork actually moves further than mine. What could be the cause? Something went wrong with the clutch replacement or the trans took a dump?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
clutch spit a spring out, common on B series...most if not all road racers go with solid discs for the reason, reliability.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the first time i checked it out i believed it to be something stuck in between the flywheel/clutch/pressure plate. He put his bets on the master/slave cylinders and changed them. Goes to show you even if you pay 3x as much for a brand you dont know how long itll last. Ill stick to XTD. But at least i know to run a rigid disc now

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
And if he keeps driving it, I can list all the parts he'll need to replace. the FRIENDLY bill total was $720, the normal bill would have been over $900.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So he got the trans off and the clutch apart. He brought everything to work today and the clutch disc looked fine no bolts misplaced. The only thing i noticed was the pressure plate on the inside had a ring that possibly snapped. It looked like it was supposed to go all the way around between the studs and fins of the pp but it wasnt continuos it was broken at one point so instead of a ring more like a c-clip. Is that normal?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
this is why when I do my manual conversion, I will grab 1 or 2 ebay setups to have around if something goes down. which has been my luck lately lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts