Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a new clutch really be necessary for a 55-75 wet shot, I only have 88k original miles on my d16z6. Thanks.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
i just started spraying a 55 shot onmy mini me that has a great stock clutch. when i shift fast to 3rd it slips. so yes.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get the clutchmaster's stage2 setup. it will hold up jsut fine and offers decent performance gains over stock.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your stock clutch is in good shape then it'll be fine. As as far as what FMIDRC Racer said, I would have to say thats pretty normal. I have a Center Force Dual Friction in my car and if I spray anything more then a 75 shot I can feel it driving thru the clutch in the higher gears. So I've found that ya have to give the clutch a second to grab before you spray it in each gear...
Good luck man.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to go cheap and bought a 6 puck springless clutch disk from Clutchnet (www.Clutchnet.net) for $120. Works great with it. I love it (besides the chatter. It's not for street driving) other than that I can live with it. Never had a problem with it. I've been running Clutchnet for more than a year now. Never burnt a clutch.

Clutchnet 6 Puck springless clutch
Stock Flywheel
Stock Pressure plate

Don't forget to replace the throw out bearing too.

You should be good to go!

·
3,223 Posts
B said:
If your stock clutch is in good shape then it'll be fine. As as far as what FMIDRC Racer said, I would have to say thats pretty normal. I have a Center Force Dual Friction in my car and if I spray anything more then a 75 shot I can feel it driving thru the clutch in the higher gears. So I've found that ya have to give the clutch a second to grab before you spray it in each gear...
Good luck man.
this is not what i wanted to hear. i just ordered a dual friction last night. if i knew it had a problem holding power then i would have gotten a 6 puck clutch set.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
CF DF will not hold 85 shot, but my used unit did quite well with 75 shot via ZEX.

85 shot with plenty of fuel = smoking CF DF at half track. I still run the clutch today as I've yet to afford a 6 puk spring hub setup.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not that theres a problem with the Dual Friction clutch, its just that were trying to make the poor thing do so much. Even though we add only 75 more horsepower were more then doulbling the torque, and thats whats hurtin the clutch. This car is my daily driver, so I went with the dual friction, theres always a trade-off.....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the clutchnet that i am using. Very cheap and long lasting. Also very efficient.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long have you had your puck disk??? Im not a fan of them on street driven cars. They hold good but dont fair to long with the stop and go traffic. Ive been using a ACT HC5-HDSS on my ex with a 75 shot and am very pleased with its performance.

·
3,223 Posts
i will never use a unspring hub disc again in my life!!!! i have broken well over 10 trans in my rx-7 and keep thinking oh well these trans mission must not be able to handle the power i'm putting out. well after the olf 4 puck gave out i put in another one but this time spring hub. i still haven't broken a tranny. i used to be extremly lucky before if i could get 3 months out of one. i guess that i will just sell the dual friction one then. what do you guys think about that 6 puck that is on ebay for $190? i think it says something like stage 3 clutch. that's what i was thinking of getting.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't get me wrong. I love my Center force Dual Friction. I thinks its probably the best daily driver clutch out there. We just have to be realistic abouyt what we want/need. It held great with a 75 shot, so what more can I ask from a clutch that drives and feels like the stick one? It all depends on what you need..... Good luck man.

·
3,223 Posts
i need it to hold more than a 75 shot.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting. I've never replaced my clutch. I've never even replaced my transmission. I am still using my stock 88 Honda CRX si tranny. Never even been pulled apart. Perhaps I'm a good driver. ;)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
CF DF is the perfect daily driven clutch for me.

RPS turbo clutch or Action setup will be my next choice.

Bisi is pushing me towards a Action 6 puk with sprung hub. His lasted him 4+ years of street driving and racing.

·
3,223 Posts
transzex said:
CF DF is the perfect daily driven clutch for me.

RPS turbo clutch or Action setup will be my next choice.

Bisi is pushing me towards a Action 6 puk with sprung hub. His lasted him 4+ years of street driving and racing.
how is it about chatter?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
my CF DF chatters, but so does the Kaaz.

But I also run ES motor mounts inserts........

Rattle?

WHICH rattle????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts