Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure whats going on with my car but when I stop and I press in the clutch the idle starts dropping and sometimes stalls. Even if I pop the hood and pull up on the arm by hand the same thing happens once I put some pressure on the clutch. Could this be a bad throw out bearing? There is no weird noise just this weird idle issue and its annoying.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. It will sit and idle perfect all day go to put it in gear and the idle drops super low and most of the time stalls. I have the idle set to 950 and turned the iac up to 20% to try to help but no luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just had a similar issue as well with my civic. As soon as I touched my clutch pedal to push it to the floor the rpm's would drop and most of the time it stalled. The problem ended up being my thrust bearing was toast. Check your crankshaft end play and see if you have excessive movement.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I just had a similar issue as well with my civic. As soon as I touched my clutch pedal to push it to the floor the rpm's would drop and most of the time it stalled. The problem ended up being my thrust bearing was toast. Check your crankshaft end play and see if you have excessive movement.
I was going to say this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts