Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aright so this is a newbie question i'm sure... but this is my first trans/clutch install on my '90 EX.. i got everything back together... go to adjust the clutch and it has zero pedal feel.... so before i go freak out and have to tear it all down to find the problem... does the trans fluid give the pedal feel?(there is no fluid in the trans right now) or did i screw something up? if i did screw something up... what should i check first? thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesnt matter where the cable is adjusted... there is just no pedal feel.. pedal just hits the floor... or the cable is completely tight and just stretches.. i've tried both extremes (full tight and full loose) and everything in between... doesnt help

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
does the clutch move?? try taking the service plate off the tranny and look at it while someone else is moving the pedal... If the cable is streches and doesn't move the clutch, either the cable isnt routed properly routed (allowed to move), or the clutch is being physically blocked from moving.

EDIT: is the spring attached to the pedal??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the cable is all fine.. the clutch lever moves... just with no resistance...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SonicEdge said:
the cable is all fine.. the clutch lever moves... just with no resistance...
sounds like you put it in backwards or something..
i bet its something really dumb.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took the tranny back off.. throwout bearing is installed right.... spring is all set... the pressure plate fins were all pushed in... they were stuck in the depressed form (not angled out like normal) but when i took the bolts off it sprang back to normal... would torquing the bolts in too much do that? the clutch disk was installed the right way too... i'm pretty sure i torqued the bolts to spec? anything else that might have caused that?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SonicEdge said:
took the tranny back off.. throwout bearing is installed right.... spring is all set... the pressure plate fins were all pushed in... they were stuck in the depressed form (not angled out like normal) but when i took the bolts off it sprang back to normal... would torquing the bolts in too much do that? the clutch disk was installed the right way too... i'm pretty sure i torqued the bolts to spec? anything else that might have caused that?
ok so this is how it happened. when you were torque'n the bolts down, aliens came from outer space that created a negative charge in the air causing a magnetic field that warped the fins on the clutch... or no?

well what were they stuck too? how were they stuck in. it problably happened when you pushed in the clutch the first time. thats weird.. aliens.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok.. so i put the stock clutch back in... works just fine.. i didnt have time to scerw with the new clutch.. i need a car.. but why would the clutch do that? i mean everything lined up and bolted up.. just wouldnt engage.. bad pressure plate maybe?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts