Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
You don't have to take the axles out of the car though, just undo the lower ball joint and swing the hub out pulling the axles with it. I have a stuck axle nut on one side so I just did that and it worked nicely.

·
Registered
555 Posts
its gonna be easier to

un bolt your axel nut

un bolt your lower ball joint, your spindle from your camber, and the ( forgot the name ) to the right. it moves the spindle

pull your axels

put a jack under the motor, unbolt your tranny ( and anything attached). get under there and big boy it out an you got it.

its easy an wont be nothin to put back together this way.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
its gonna be easier to

un bolt your axel nut

un bolt your lower ball joint, your spindle from your camber, and the ( forgot the name ) to the right. it moves the spindle

pull your axels

put a jack under the motor, unbolt your tranny ( and anything attached). get under there and big boy it out an you got it.

its easy an wont be nothin to put back together this way.
What he said with pictures
http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=14079

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
Triple check your bolts, a lot of people miss a bolt and can't get the tranny off the block. :D The starter bolt got me the first time I pulled my tranny.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Take both out. The transmission has to come completely out as well.
tranny doesnt have to be completly out. its just way easier if its completly out you dont have to use a hillbilly impact aka a hammer and a openend wrench.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts