Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1989 iroc
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the 95 sedan. But it needs a clutch and its has a b18a1 in it. My question is how do i determine what year the motor is so i can buy a clucth for it. I am an idiot at this. THanks for the help

·
Registered
402 Posts
You need to determine if your swap includes a cable or hydro tranny, and buy the clutch based on that. All B-series clutches fit all B-series engines/tranny's as long as you keep the cable/hydro thing straight.

If you have a clutch fluid reservoir, you have a hydro tranny.

·
Registered
1989 iroc
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have a clutch resivor and i know it is a hydro tranny... but i just want to be certain i buy the right clutch, because i think there is a 220 mm and theres a 222mm? i think.... the 90-91 are different with the throw out bearing than the 92-93? so i was just wondering?

·
Registered
402 Posts
i do have a clutch resivor and i know it is a hydro tranny... but i just want to be certain i buy the right clutch, because i think there is a 220 mm and theres a 222mm? i think.... the 90-91 are different with the throw out bearing than the 92-93? so i was just wondering?
If you have a hydro clutch, then you just need to worry about '94-'01 B-series clutches, which are all the same. Sounds like you have a '90-'93 engine with a '94+ tranny.

·
Registered
1989 iroc
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so will the clutch still mate to the a1?

·
Registered
402 Posts
so will the clutch still mate to the a1?
I think you may need a hydro flywheel, but you already should have that, so ya any hydro clutch should mate to your B18a1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts