Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
civic
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i'm replacing my transmission in my d16y8 due to a grinding 3rd gear, plan on gettin a ACT clutch kit with streetlight flywheel. Just not sure what clutch to go with, dont want more clutch than i need, so what would be better, heavyduty plate with stock disk, modified stock disk, or street disk?

plans for the motor is to stay NA with prolly no more than 130whp
drive the car hard from time to time but not on a regular basis and thinkin of autox later on down the line.

any help would be great
thanx

·
Registered
605 Posts
3rd gear grind isnt ur tranny its usually mounts or loose shifter linkage

·
Registered
civic
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i took it to a shop and they just drove it and said it was a bad bearing, it use to only do it when i shifted into 3rd at high rpms, now it does it almost all the time around 3000rpms and anything above if i shift without hesitation

Check Driver light
hmm...i'll keep a eye out for that light...

·
Registered
605 Posts
did they say wht bearing and b4 u buy a new tranny make sure ur shifter linkage bolts are all tight

·
Registered
civic
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naw, no exact bearing, the price they quoted was rediculous so i said screw it and waited for a good transmission to come my way, i figured since it got worse by doing it at lower and lower rpms that it was the transmission, but if i drive normal and shift REAL slow it does fine when the rpms are around 1000-2000, and no havnt tried tightening anything, transmission and everything involved is a mystery to me

·
Registered
605 Posts
when ever u can get under ur car and tighten all ur linkages and then see if tht helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts