Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1996 civic si
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its my first time doing a clutch, i got it all apart, and i gotta put to together now,
i dont got a clutch key, but ima go get one tonight,
i was wondering if there is a way to do it without one tho ?
and if somone can post pictures to help me like with lining it up cuz i got no clue what im doin aha, ima n00b fo shooo,
thnx

·
Registered
1995 civic hatch cx
53 Posts
I had the same prob my fist time installing clutch i lined it up using a socket but i can get the tranny on. Does anyone know if canadian tire sells them?

·
Registered
1996 civic si
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took the clutch outta my buddys car, stage1 6ppuck 6 spring, liek 300km on the clutch, i got it for 150$. he blew a rod threw his block . but he dont got the key he lost it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
You were born with either 10 or 11 clutch keys, some freaks got 12 or 13.

I MADE my second alignment tool fro an old mainshaft.

·
Registered
1996 civic si
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chk this aha, i left the pressure plate loose, put the tranny on, bolted er all up,
threw the starter hole i just tightend the pressure plate down, i hope it works, aha
got a few more bolts and she will be runnin..
now i just gotta figure out how to put a new lower balljoint in aha

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^I guess one could do it that way...yet you run the risk of the PP becoming misaglined from the clutch disk.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
did you just tighten them down, or did you actually torque them to spec?? sounds Sketch to me...

·
Registered
99 integra ls-DD
384 Posts
i dont think they are too expensive to buy one, auto part store might have one. check around.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
did you just tighten them down, or did you actually torque them to spec?? sounds Sketch to me...
I've done it through the starter opening before.

Customer had a clutch installed as a local shop and complained of a rattle. They blamed the tranny.

I pulled the starter and one PP bolt was missing, the other 5 were loose. Lucky the missing bolt was able to be fished out once clutch dust shield was removed.

Easy $100 fix.

·
Registered
354 Posts
when i did my swap i didnt have one so i used a socket with electrical tape wrapped around it, it took fucking forever and was a huge pain in the ass but i got it on there and worked just fine

·
Registered
1996 civic si
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont got a tourqu wrench so u just snugged em up.
but i hope what i did works aha, car should be on the road by tomoro, ill let yuh guys kno,

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
i dont got a tourqu wrench so u just snugged em up.
but i hope what i did works aha, car should be on the road by tomoro, ill let yuh guys kno,
This is a bad plan. Beg/Borrow/Steal a torque wrench and do it right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts