Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 93 del sol Si ( d16z6 engine and s20 tranny). "With a bad transmission". After taking the transmission out , I find out the clutch was deatroyed, so I bought a clutch kit. Put the tranny back and the shift fork is too short, it doesn't line up with the slave cyl. I pulled another fork from a 94 civic ex ( z6 engine same transmission ) and is the same . they all say S20.
Are there more than one size fork? I thought all D series have the same crap.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Well I imagine if that fork was installed on the trans when you got it, that it was the fork used to destroy that clutch. Wouldn’t make much sense if the previous owner destroyed the clutch and then pulled a quick one on ya and swapped in an oddball fork.

Is the detent on the fork centered over the ball-headed bolt and did the wire clip over it?

Got any pics?

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paterico. I tried to load some pics but I can't. All 3 forks I have are the same. S20

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Is the detent on the fork centered over the ball-headed bolt and did the wire clip over it?

I’m sure bone or Chris will chime in if nobody else does

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All 3 forks are the same. Idk why is too short

Attachments

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Transzex. I checked that and it seems to be the right one. I will try one that slave. But is there a chance that there are 2 different size forks or not?

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Here’s a pic I found on the interwebs. Doesn’t seem like your slave is angled enough towards the fork

Do you have the previous slave cylinder to compare?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts