Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the market for a new one, i'm going to order a clutch next week.. i am either going to order an exedy stage 1 or a spec stage 1, i was wondering what flywheel would be good to go along with either of these? also what weight would be good a 8-9 lbs or a 11-12lbs?

·
Registered
413 Posts
People say the 8 lbs are too light and will suck in stop and go traffic, I just perchance a 11 lbs flywheel from Lsd motorsports, i think it will suit me just fine, i have the basic bolt ons and not planning on modding my engine more. i know for sure you are going to have a terrible time finding a 11 or 12 lbs flywheel off of ebay. I also heard some terrible things about Exedy.
i hope that helped

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you're looking for a cheap alternative, you could go for an XTD clutch. I'm running their stage 1 right now. So far so good but I haven't really been able to do too much with it since I'm still in the break in period and my car's currently not driveable. I guess as long as you go the full break in period without driving too hard they're just as good as any of the exedy ones, but that's just hear say. As for the flywheel....here's a good thread on the same subject... http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=58346 Hope I helped some. Good Luck!

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
I had a Stage 2 SPEC with the 11lbs flywheel. Ive still got the flywheel in the civ now, but with a ACT HDSS. With the 11lbs its hard enough to stop and go in daily driving traffic. Go with the 11lbs youll be happy. My SPEC is forsale BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.