Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to find out what clutch and flywheel combo to go with. I'm looking at a stage 2, 6 puck clutch. But the real question is on the flywheel. Can you go too light? Would it be better to go with a 7 lb or 11 lb fidanza flywheel? Just trying to get the best combo for my si tranny before I put it into my mini me. Thanks for the info.

Levi

T

·
0 Posts
the lighter the better! i would def go with a 7 lb flywheel, i have an 8.5 lb in mine and its fine for daily driving

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I got a 10lb and thats the lightest i'll go.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the big difference between the 7.5 lb and lets say 10 pound, other than the weight? I am looking at getting a 7.5 lb fidanza, but want to know the drawbacks of it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Just get an ACT streelite, I have one along with an exedy stage 1 clutch and its great. You will regret getting a 7lb flywheel!!!!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I said the 7 lb will drive him nuts because I've driven my car with the stock flywheel in stop-n-go traffic and my buddies 92 hatch with an approx. 8 lb flywheel in stop-n-go traffic and I wanted to kill myself.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, you guys keep saying you want to kill yourself, but what exactly makes you mad with the really light flywheel? You said you hated driving in stop and go with your friends light one, but why did you hate it? It seems that people are just saying they don't like it, but without explaining what they dislike about it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
DirtyDEF said:
Just to roll the car forward, I had to rev the piss outta it.
Lol u will prolly have to rev to 3500 to get out of 1st. It will be annoying to rev your car all the time. But at the sametime its prolly perference...some ppl dont mind reving their car so much. I dont like it so i got a 10lb.

If u deal w/ bumper to bumper traffic, then i hope u are wearing comfortable sneakers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts