Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

It's time to replace my worn XTD clutch. My current setup is maxed out at 220WHP approx. Maybe will raise boost a little bit in the near future, but since it's stock engine, I guess I won't pass the 250-270 WHP.

The car is Daily Driven.

My expectations:
1. The pedal won't be too stiff.
2. Clutch will be slippable, which means it can be engaged smooth.
3. Durable.
4. No chatter sound, if possible.

I've tried the Action clutch 2ms, and the pedal was really stiff.

I've heard that the Action 1ms will be good for my goals. Any input from someone who used/using that clutch is welcome.

What about ACT clutches?

What clutch do you experts would recommend me in order to reach my goals?

And for the flywheel part, some claims it's better stay stock since the engine works smoother and launches are easier and stronger, since it's has more interia.

Other claims a ligher flywheel is better since boost builds up faster, RPMs climbs faster, etc. What do you guys prefer for a turbo setup and why?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
lsdmotorsports.com or nothing at all! Mike is the man, no one beats his customer service.
LSD is the only place I go for clutches now, even have one in the works for the s2000!

·
Registered
112 Posts
i run a act HD pressure plate and comp clutch 4 puck sprung disc. i love the pedal effort with the HD pressure plate, but that disc is brutal on anyone else that drives my car. if you are good with a clutch (most people think they are, then youd be good with a similar setup

but for comfort, i would recommend a HD PP and a full disc

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Id suggest the Competition Clutch Stage 1.5 and the Comp 11lb Flywheel (heavier of the 2). If you wanted a more aggressive clutch, the Comp Stage 4.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Id suggest the Competition Clutch Stage 1.5 and the Comp 11lb Flywheel (heavier of the 2). If you wanted a more aggressive clutch, the Comp Stage 4.
and you can get the comp stuff from greg and you know the customer service will be great!
i daily drove my comp stg 5 sprung clutch for a while before i got another car. no issues at all!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about Action clutches? Anyone have any experience with them?

How heavy the clutch pedal with the comp 1.5? How much power it can handle and how reliable it is?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
What about Action clutches? Anyone have any experience with them?

How heavy the clutch pedal with the comp 1.5? How much power it can handle and how reliable it is?
Clutches that have failed on me, spec, competition, xtd, exedy. Mike lsd clutch took a ass whooping and only ask for more even when it was push 120ft/lbs more then it was rated at, also took a main seal leak with out slipping and I was able to reuse it.

LSD Mike or nothing at all!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
im not thread jacking or nothing, im just not going to start a new thread because of this super simple question that's kinda related to what the OP wants anyways.

hows the pedal feel on these lsd clutches you guys seem to like??

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's also what I want to know.

Please guys, try to consider the quensions I asked. Generally I need a clutch for 270WHP max, durable, with a soft pedal (vs action 2MS clutch if possible), and no chattering noise.

I know nothing about the clutches you've just recommended.

Anymore info will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Act clutches are garbage. They didn't last on my Subaru and my GSX ate it in no time. I had the best luck on my GSX with a fidanza flywheel, and an f1 stage 3 6 puck. Pedal wasn't soft but wasn't bad and after 500 miles of off boost break in it held and is still holding for the guy that I bought it from. I love the rebuildaable flywheel and lighter means faster revs.

I had a CC stage 4 on my wrx that was great but it was twice as much as the f1.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have a Comp stage 4, 6puck it feels stock. i loves it best clutch i bought sooo far!!!
how exactly would that feel "stock"?

Act clutches are garbage. They didn't last on my Subaru and my GSX ate it in no time. I had the best luck on my GSX with a fidanza flywheel, and an f1 stage 3 6 puck. Pedal wasn't soft but wasn't bad and after 500 miles of off boost break in it held and is still holding for the guy that I bought it from. I love the rebuildaable flywheel and lighter means faster revs.

I had a CC stage 4 on my wrx that was great but it was twice as much as the f1.
both of those cars are awd bullshit.... Plus, a shitty driver leads to a shitty clutch....

ACT and comp are both good clutches. i've ran both seperately and now i run a mix of both... the pressure plates last too, when the disc is worn, you can buy a new disc for $150 and its reborn.

·
Registered
723 Posts

think he means pedal feel (stiffness).

I would search for a stage 3-4 clutch 4or6 puck sprung hub clutch with a 2200lb Pressure plate for your needs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm on my second LSD motorsports clutch. I've never had a single problem. The 6 puck chattered a bit, but my street disk doesn't and held 20psi on a td04h like a champ and was not as stiff as the 6 puck.

I got about 30k miles (all city) out of the 6 puck, and the only reason I got rid of it was that it was ground down to the rivets. Never slipped on me, even when grinding on the rivets lol.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

both of those cars are awd bullshit.... Plus, a shitty driver leads to a shitty clutch....

ACT and comp are both good clutches. i've ran both seperately and now i run a mix of both... the pressure plates last too, when the disc is worn, you can buy a new disc for $150 and its reborn.
ACT are JUNK even in fwd hondas. Comp are debatable, but both blow when compare to LSD line up. Fyi im only talking about single disc here, but theres rumors of a twin disc coming out from LSD.

My first lsd clutch I got almost 40k of abuse out of it, before I sold the motor and trans. 5k was with a leaking main seal that I fix, then carb clean the disc and PP and continued on ripping on it with out it slipping.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts