Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d15B with an XTD stage 3 clutch in my EG Hatch. Ever since I put it in the clutch has engaged really weird. I barely have to push the clutch in to shift and have to let it almost all the way out for it to engage. Any thoughts?

--Doug

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
may be a stupid question but have you tried adjusting it it sounds like you just need to adjust the clutch on it

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is a hydraulic clutch so there is no adjustment if I am not mistaken. Hydraulic clutches from what I have read are self adjusting. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

--Doug

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
mine feels exactly the same. mabby its just the way they are built.

my SS clutch line helped ALOT www.boneheadperformance.com 25 bucks shipped.

basicly it hels pressure transfer to the pressure plate much much better since it doesnt expand like the stock rubber line. gave my clutch a much better feel.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
and YES you can adjust the travel on the rod in the car for the clutch system

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
mine feels exactly the same. mabby its just the way they are built.

basicly it hels pressure transfer to the pressure plate much much better since it doesnt expand like the stock rubber line. gave my clutch a much better feel.
Baller, i am so ordering this!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Baller, i am so ordering this!
it definetly is 100% BALLA Im alse geting the omnipower QT master cylinder. move volume to make pedal easyer to push but has 50% less traavel then the stock clutch. makes lighting shifts CAKE but its pricy. it will definetly be one of my last mods for sure.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
I have a d15B with an XTD stage 3 clutch in my EG Hatch. Ever since I put it in the clutch has engaged really weird. I barely have to push the clutch in to shift and have to let it almost all the way out for it to engage. Any thoughts?

--Doug
Thats how it should be....

Also help with quicker shifts......oops......another driving secret :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats how it should be....

Also help with quicker shifts......oops......another driving secret :)
Well I guess I will have to get a pedal stop and make it so i don't have to push the pedal down to start the car. Anyone know how to do that second part. I am pretty sure it is a switch.

--Doug

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yup its a switch just snip it. you wont be able to pass tech at most tracks tho...

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
check the slave and the master cylinder and make sure they are both ok and rebleed it. thats my best guess...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
I checked my car tonight, 1" free play on the pedal before pressure, then 1" more is all I need to shift.

This is on a leaky OEM 1993 clutch MC.

BTW my city tranny, 2-3-4-5 upshifts don't need clutching :)

4-5 is a challenge....you have to be quick!

·
Registered
263 Posts
personaly, i think that the steel braided clutch line is one of the cheapest things (along with es motor mount inserts) that you can install and feel the biggest differences with. i got the clutch line a while back, its pretty nice. you can easily feel when it engages and dissengages.

Im alse geting the omnipower QT master cylinder.
did they ever end up fixing the problem with these guys? wasnt there was some malfunction with it that caused it to leak and not hold pressure?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
BTW my city tranny, 2-3-4-5 upshifts don't need clutching :)

4-5 is a challenge....you have to be quick!
I can do that with my 90 Accord, even 4/5 is easy. :)

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
I JUST finished my XTD 3 install and it feels the same way. I have a buddy with a silvia with a stage 3 clutch in it and his feels the exact same way. It's not an XTD but it's a "better" cluch...can't remember what brand but I think it's up there with ACT and Excedy and those guys. I think it's just 6 pucks. When it does engage, it feels great though. Just gotta break it in and then the real test comes. I also have a boneheadperformance SS braided clutch line but I haven't installed it yet. Hopefully Im doing that tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Why is that?

--Doug
my track requires you to have the pedal no pushed at all and then try to start the car while in a gear. w/o that switch the car would try to stat. if it did you dont pass tech.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
drag race

1 - 20 of 20 Posts