Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Guys,

im new at this but wanted to find out how to properly adjust my clutch engage as it engages right on the top of the pedal and i would like to lower it, anyone with advice????

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Couple of problems first your in the wrong area second look around do a search you can find out how to do both with a simple search. Not trying to be a dick head but if you can't search you need to leave the internet till you figure out how to!

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Check that your cable is properly adjusted at the transmission (refer to the service manual for instructions).

Check that clutch pedal free-play is properly adjusted at the pedal (refer to the service manual for instructions).

If both of these are in spec then pat yourself on the back, because your clutch engagement height is right where it's supposed to be and you don't have a stretched clutch cable.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
It doesn't matter where you want the engagement to be, if it is all in spec then leave it alone. Otherwise you could end up damaging internals from not having a fully disengaged clutch during shifts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another thing is i have just installed a new engine and it idles high, had a look at the manual and did everyhting, checked all vacuums but still having the problem. i do however have a code 7 and 8 on the ecu, will this effect the idles????

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks guys will let you know as soon as i have completed repairing the diagnosed codes (7&8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts