Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oil pressure gauge I'm getting ready to install. It has a light in it that I want to wire in. I need to know which wires I need to tap into to get the light to come on when I turn my headlights on.

would it matter if I wired to the headlight switch or the cluster light wires?

thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
Easiest thing to do is to tap the wire that goes to the dimmer adjustment switch. Its easy to find and sees power when the parking lights come on, plus your gauge will adjust with your dash. That or grab the parking light wires coming out of the column. If you have a meter you shouldn't have a problem. Just stab into some stuff and click the parking lights on...look for voltage to jump to 11.7 or so.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
just goto the fuse box, you'll see 5 male spade power taps, find out which on comes on when parling lights are one.

For the 92-95.........

#3 to power the gauges
#4 for the lights, put a SPST switch inline so the glare from the lights doesn't fatigue you on long drives.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. it's going into my 99. I got the dimmer switch out and there are 3 wires. red, black, and red-orange. does anyone know which I should use to tap into for the power so that it will dim correctly?

I don't know how bad it will glare, I'll wait to see before I decide to put a switch in there. I got the autometer gauge holder that goes around the gauge cluster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts