Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i remember reading a long time ago about how to change the colors on the cluster, but cant find the write up..Does anyone know a good write up to change colors? i keep searching but all i find are threads that the answer is...search noob! hahahah

the previous owner painted the bulbs red, and they arent perfect. 1-40 look nice, 60-100 are pink, and 100+ are deep dark red.

also, the needle doesnt light up at night. prolly just a burnt out bulb.

anyway car is a 96-98

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

i want to get it like that, except i want to be able to see the needles lol.

do i have to use high heat paint, anybody?

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wellcant you just paint normal bulbs? thats what the person before me did

i dont really wanna go thru the trouble of orderin somethin

that shit looks awesome btw

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
wellcant you just paint normal bulbs? thats what the person before me did

i dont really wanna go thru the trouble of orderin somethin

that shit looks awesome btw
Depends if you want to do it right, or do it 5 times... and thanks, I really like how they came out too

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
how many bulbs will i need

and all the same size?
They are all the same size. Buy 10 of them, you will want to have a few spares, and shipping would kill you to order more later... I think you need 7, but I may be wrong, been a few months since I did mine

·
Registered
542 Posts
i tried painting mine with permanent sharpie marker and it turned out very nice but i still ordered the LED so i experimented. the cluster looked great with sharpie painted bulbs..
try it and if you dont like go ahead and order

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i think i gotta get 74's so im off to walmart, going to buy some blue spray paint and see what happens. if it looks like shit, ill just order some led's

i needed a reason to go take a drive and smoke this blueberry j :)

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
i wish i knew what size they were are they 194's?
WTFis wrong with you? I gave a direct link to the right bulb. And said "second down on the list".

website

1.....................................................................bulb price and def.

2............................................bulb price and def.

3.....................................................................bulb price and def.

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
Dont waste your time, get the LED's. I have green ones in my car now and I dont like them.

Id suggest the white LED's which is what Im going to use.

The colored bulbs are overpowering, I think they look cheesy.

I have also tried the black light bulbs, its pretty much just a purple LED, if you are a woman and drive a pink S2000, you might like them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts