Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the motor in my bro-in-laws civic lx has developed a bad clunk. i took this video with audio to show you the problem. and any sugguestions on what might be wrong would help. the only thing done to the car since it's purchase was intake, headers, and clutch. along witht he clutch i replaced the pilot and throw-out bearings. the noise seems to be comming from the motor not the tranny. seems more violent than a tranny problem. you can tell the main shaft bearing is shot. but that's a nother problem.

here's the video...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5970589027640305479

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
sounds like a damn diesel engine....
with that said it sounds like a piston is hiting the valves. has it ever been low on a oil for a long period of time or low on oil at all? is it low on oil rite now?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Sound pretty much like mine did when it "broke".
I had two pistons scratching the walls, broken ringlands on 3 pistons, and a broken piston ring.

I'm not saying this is what you have, but it sounded similar...

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Listened to it again, this time hearing when you pushed the throttle, and it sound like there might be a rod knowck as well.
My engine didn't have that deep sound while pressing the throttle...

·
Registered
119 Posts
i just put a new motor in the daughters car a week ago and when i started it it sounded the same way. if you turn it over by hand it will have a stiff spot or not turn over one spot. the new pressure plate was hitting the bell housing a little bit . the one i did was by the starter. i put it in the vice and clamped it a little bit .020 ( it was .010 higher at the spot it was hitting) put it back together and no more noise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts