Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought a 1999 Civic LX to drive around for awhile. I’ve done a lot of work to it including replacing all four struts and the upper control arms in the front. However, I’ve run into a clunk that’s has me stumped. Under light braking when you are coming to a stop, I get a couple of clunks from the driver’s side front wheel. It does not do it when I brake hard and come to a stop or at high speed. This seems to have just started happening after I had a wheel stud changed (had to take it to someone since I don’t have a press to remove the hub). I’ve lubricated the brake hardware but that has not seemed to change anything. The rotors appear alright but do have a score mark on the front as well as a spot that seems like the pads rested on for awhile. Additionally, the pads have some scratches that are horizontal and do not follow the rotation of the wheel. I am not sure what they are from. Attached is a video of the sound although it is a little quiet in the video it is still there. Clunking Video Everything seems tight so any help would be appreciated.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,865 Posts
jack the front end up and see if it has play

did you tighten the suspension under load, or while it was on jack stands?

·
Registered
Integra DB9, Accord Type R
429 Posts
Are you sure the pads are aligned correctly? The clunking seems to be in sync with wheel speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts