Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Dx hatch
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a write up to put a hatch or sedan entire climate control, heater and all into a vex. I just got a vex without any climate control and I need my heat it gets cold

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
any 92-95 civic climate control should swap over i would think, im not familiar with those years i know 96-00 have one style climate between 96-98 and another between 99-00.

he is talking about a 92-95 vx hatch

·
Registered
90 Dx hatch
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto correct got in the way its should say crx the entire climate system, blower heater all of it is gone and I know the hatches use cables

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Auto correct got in the way its should say crx the entire climate system, blower heater all of it is gone and I know the hatches use cables
yea autocorrect can kill a post.
But yea it should be a cable for the heat door.

I google and found this

CRX Community Forum • View topic - How to: Add Air Conditioning to your CRX

talks about installing ac which is the same as the heat if your missing the blower.
As far as the control box goes your have to match the yrs. The 92-95 will have slider for the hot/cold while the 91 and under had a turn dial.

But why not just grab everything form your model?

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
^^ Because finding a unbroken crx climate control is like finding a needle in a hay stack... I do know that the crx and 88-91 civics use the same turn dial heat/cool knob so the civic one will work for that but (I believe) the dampers on the crx are electrically controlled where the ones on the civics are slides and cables..

·
Registered
90 Dx hatch
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea finding a crx for that matter in the yards here are almost impossible, see I have no heater in my car at all, the PO wire tickled it and its nothing back there is there away I can rig up something simple just to get some heat , I really just need simplicity ill get pics up to show my crx

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
A friend of mine had one that was missing the climate control and i just used a jumper to open/close the dampers until he had the heat where he wanted it. that would work great if you still had the factory connector that the control pugged into. the hot/cold selector is nothing more than a valve out on the fire wall that turns the coolant on and off. just pull or push on the cable until the heater core warms up.

·
Registered
90 Dx hatch
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im not looking for a stock unit my car is wire tucked and my harnnes is backing right behind my glove box so i need a smaller unit i can do my own ducking i just need heat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts