Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my climate control, the lights tend to only come on after I slam the temp setting alway the way up or down. I'm assuming its either a short, loose wire, or loose bulbs?

Sound about right?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Bulbs are going out, time to replace them

·
Registered
93 Civic EX
746 Posts
you have to remove the center console on the bottom. From tehre you can see there are 3 screws holding the climate control. You need to also unplug a large harness connector and a small grey one. The heater cable also needs to be undone. Once you get that out, you can get the climate control out and take the face plate off.

·
Registered
92CivicCX Black
291 Posts
Yeah, that was a pain to do all that. Some of those angles...and if you don't have a stubby screwdriver, you might have problems. I had the hardest time because I was at my friend's garage and he didn't really have any short/stubby drivers; it just sucked.

Now I just want to take climate control out of the car. I hate trim... As soon as I have a secondary vehicle, I'm going to rip all the trim out and strip my car down to basic essentials.

I ended up taking out the bulbs on the climate control console. I like the car to be dark at night. I'm going to be putting in kill-switches for all my lighting someday when there's no trim in the way of wires. I want to be able to run black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts