Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The purpose of this thread is more of a consensus and discussion of similar A/C problems than a query.

I was driving through some heavy rain this morning, using my A/C to keep the windows from fogging. Out of the corner of my eye I see the A/C switch flickering. Suddenly there is a rather unpleasant aroma of burning electronics...oh joy, another Heater Control panel bites the dust.

This is the second climate control panel I've had to replace due to a fluctuating A/C switch...so the question dawns on me. WHY is this happening? What's the weakness in the circuit design of a friggin switch?!? If I knew that I could forgo the $103.65 to replace the heater control panel and install a quality push switch and be done with it. The last time I replaced it the repair mechanic charged me $130 for a used unit...little did I know a new unit was cheaper...thing is, it's not worth replacing if a new unit will fail just as quick. I'm seriously thinking of bypassing the switch all together and installing a little push switch of my own.

Theories? I was going to create a nice little poll, but apparently you only have five minutes to throw one together:dots:

So here's the poll:

Of those who have had to replace the Heater Panel due to A/C switch problems, how long has that panel lasted?

/ less than 6 months
Used - more than 6 months
\ more than 1 year

/ less than 6 months
New - more than 6 months
\ more than 1 year

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey thought I'd just share what a fucked up climate control circuit board looks like...apparently it miraculously bridged itself and shorted out.

(Bottom Right switch is the A/C)

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
i got my cousin climate control for 20buck at this honda junk yard only place,also how the hell u open that up?

because i try to and it won't open.

but i was right on the climate control lol

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm...lets see...the main part is held together by nothing more than screws and tabs. There's a metal piece on the underside of the climate control that has four screws attaching it to the plastic shell. Take those out and while you're at it get the screw in the center, just under the metal plate. The only screw left holding the metal plate is attached to the faceplate, very small.

After removing those screws and the metal plate it's nothing but tabs to pry. Remove the faceplate, then the plastic shell. Any questions on it just let me know. :td:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts