Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 7th gen civic, most of the time when I’m moving off I keep getting this clicking sound coming from the front right. I changed cv axle and the sound still there. My sway bar links are new struts/shocks are new but I’m getting this sound. Calipers are fine. Brake pads still got lots of life on them as I replaced them about two years ago and still look as if they haven’t been touch. Any solution?

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Why did you change the axle? Im guessing you didnt even jack the car up and check the axle itself before changing?

brake hardware can click on a rusty rotor, the ABS ring can be grabbing on the ABS sensor, sometimes it is simple a rock stuck between the rotor dustshield.

Soemtimes yet, could be the hubcap over the steelie, if that is what you have.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
13,070 Posts
What you mean by that? As I put the car back together and start the car I hear that sound. I wasn’t even there before. This car in the driveway for more than a week before I put it back together when I just bought it and this never happened.
"As I put the car back together and start the car I hear that sound. I wasn’t even there before"

you answered your own question. wasn't there till you touched it.

now go back and touch it all again and see whats loose/misaligned/out-of-spec/broke

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"As I put the car back together and start the car I hear that sound. I wasn’t even there before"

you answered your own question. wasn't there till you touched it.

now go back and touch it all again and see whats loose/misaligned/out-of-spec/broke
That part of the text that said I wasn’t even there was a bad typo. I will surely check it when I get the time.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,553 Posts
Wasn't there a stand up comedy special with the title "whats that clicking sound"?
If it happens at start up, pop the hood, have someone start it while you listen for it, dial in on the general area by sound, then start resting fingers on different components in that area as a helper starts the car for you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wasn't there a stand up comedy special with the title "whats that clicking sound"?
If it happens at start up, pop the hood, have someone start it while you listen for it, dial in on the general area by sound, then start resting fingers on different components in that area as a helper starts the car for you.
Ok, i said that you only hear the sound when i moving off..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why did you change the axle? Im guessing you didnt even jack the car up and check the axle itself before changing?

brake hardware can click on a rusty rotor, the ABS ring can be grabbing on the ABS sensor, sometimes it is simple a rock stuck between the rotor dustshield.

Soemtimes yet, could be the hubcap over the steelie, if that is what you have.
What you mean why i changed the cv axel? The symptoms I'm having is cv axel symptoms and so i tried to find the issue that causing the problem and thats why i changed it.
How can i changed cv axel without jacking up the car?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
13,070 Posts
What you mean why i changed the cv axel? The symptoms I'm having is cv axel symptoms and so i tried to find the issue that causing the problem and thats why i changed it.
How can i changed cv axel without jacking up the car?
reading > you.

he clearly said "Im guessing you didnt even jack the car up and check the axle itself before changing?"

I don't have enough crayons to barney it down for you.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
"clicking on take off" does not mean "buy axle"

It means you get your ass under the car and check things for slop, looseness, bolts that maybe felt tight, but did not tighten fully (like bad threads).

Hell, depending on how tightly the axle nut was torqued, the clicking could be the wheel bearing shitting itself from overtorque

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.