Honda D Series Forum banner

Clicking noise..

2K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  dL_EG6 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! This is my first post on D-Series.org! Anyways, I just picked up a 95 EG Hatchback SI and it's pretty cool. But, yesterday I was driving along normally and I start hearing this clicking noise when i'm driving. It's more apparent at low speeds. There is no rhythm to the clicking noise, it happens intermetiantly (last night it was happening, this morning it was not, then this afternoon at lunch it started agian), It can happen when i'm turning, going straight, and reversing, the noise does not get louder as the car goes faster. The noise can or not happen when going over a bump.

Mods:
Koni Yellows
Eibach Springs
Rota Circuit 15's
Front Strut bar.

The car was not doing this for the first 3 days I had it.

Any clues? Thanks guys!

#3 ·
I don't know if the heat shields are bent.

The clicking does not follow the speed of the car or engine. It definitely is seperate. I could be at 1,500rpm or 4,000rpm and the noise has the same tone and rhythm.

#7 ·
just to add information about the car.

It pulls to the left if I let go of the steering wheel. The car/steering wheel vibrates at idle.

I need to find some time to get an alignment, do you guys think thats the total issue with the car?

#9 ·
Jack your front end up and look at the driver side suspension/axles, then the passenger side. Look for ripped boots, greasy parts, bent shit. Good hunting!

#14 ·
it finally stopped raining and I had a chance to look under the car...

Upper control arm bushings and outer tie rod bushings seemed very soft but intact.

CV boots were fine..

Everything appeared to be fine, nothing loose.

The only thing is when I was playing with the wheels. Moving the wheel in a counter clockwise position and making one full revolution I can hear a click.

Is that normal?

#15 · (Edited)
the first thing I thought of was the brake dust covers. bend them towards the engine to make sure there not making an contact with anything.

it could be just that one sides cv even though it's not ripped.

What do the rotors looks like? it could be scrathed/warped rotors or bad caliper. I dunno, I'm throwing shit out there. worst case start replacing shit until it goes away........

#17 ·
Oh crap! I bought the car and it has two different front tires on it!!

So drain the fluid, refill and rotate the two tires in the back to the front?

How much fluid do I need? Which weight fluid do I need? DIY on how to change tranny fluid in a 92-95 EG civic?

#20 ·
take off the upper fill plug located on top of the trans,then drain from your lower drain plug,inspect your fluid for excessive metal shavings replace lower drain, refill with lucas sythetic,or redline 90 weight gear oil the fill level is where you can put your finger in to the fill hole bend the crook of your finger and just be able to touch oil, no more.If your full of shavings you have bigger problems than simple tire rotation good luck

#26 ·
ya by the eye the may look good but see if you cant get a buddy to look when you put in gear its harder with a manual tranny see how bad the motor shakes i had same problem and it was the tranny mount closest to the fire wall i hope this helps GL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.