Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic Ill
9 Posts
I have a 98 Civic Illusion, and when I drive it in 1st and 2nd, there is a clicking noise. Also, any other gear, just bearly touching the gas, it clicks again. Any help!!??:greddy2:

I will post a video/audio clip when i drive home today from work, its very intresting of a noise.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Possible CV's but couldn't tell you without more info or a video but that would be my first choice!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Possible CV's but couldn't tell you without more info or a video but that would be my first choice!
You'd tend to get more going around corners if this were the case, though. And it would get worse at higher rpms (if they're in really bad shape).

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
You'd tend to get more going around corners if this were the case, though. And it would get worse at higher rpms (if they're in really bad shape).
What do CV axles have to do with RPM's from the motor?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
We need to narrow down where the sound is coming from, if it clicks more with the press of a pedal it could be anything but I lean away from CVs.

CVs tend to start clicking at a speed or rpm, and only get louder as you go.

I think you will find a dirty top end, if I had to guess a sticky valve? Try and listen when you drive and really narrow it down, or better yet post a vid and see if we can't help.

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic Ill
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The clicking does not happen when I turn at all. I will place my camera under the hood so that the noise can be more clear tomorrow.

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic Ill
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry about the video, work has been busy, but also, there is a grind noise when i dont step on the clutch, but when i do, the noise is gone

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Throwout bearing?

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic Ill
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, went in on friday to get the tranny looked at, they sayd clutch, and transmission has to get rebuilt, 700 quid!!!!!

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
Well, went in on friday to get the tranny looked at, they sayd clutch, and transmission has to get rebuilt, 700 quid!!!!!
why does the trans need rebuilt and how do they know this without pulling the trans.I say SHARK.Get a second quote.
Is the clutch slipping?only clicking the clutch would make would be the throwout bearing.Or pressure plate.A bearing would make a grinding noise.

I had this happen on a ford and it was my starter.I pulled trans and put new torque converter in it and it still did it.I pulled starter and it stopped.400.00 later and it was a starter.LOL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts