Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I found a pristine 60k mile a6 w oil analysis to back up zero coolant contamination....from 2015 when it was pulled from a wreck.

They seem like super solid motors its 650 w a good cable si tranny. They have been asking 850 insisting its mint for 3 years. Seem like a good bet?

Finances are backing me out of my vitara build budget and thats cheaper than a jdm d shipped by 200$, cheaper than a stock rebuild by the same (at minimum)and should hold my power goals stock w a hg and studs all day.

My tranny is good so id just use that w my z6 intake/obd1 stuff and swap the timing side mount to my knowledge. Someone said ill have to fiddle w the fan switch but mine never turns off after it heats up and ive been planning to run a radiator switch w an override switch in the cabin like most of my other cars anyway.

(Yes the gauge works. I tipped over my overflow going up some mountain roads draining significant coolant and it started to warm up via gauge)

Whatchall think?

Part of me says just run the y7 i have but then i just have a non jdm d15b to build? Idk.

·
Registered
815 Posts
ok then, this is what we used to do at the imaginary speed shop.
open the D in question,do big ring gap hone to loosen ptw ,check the bearings for life left, if they look good shrug shoulders and put it back together .
hg, studs ,done

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So the mint a6 needs a rebuild... i have a cable si tranny for sale cheap if anyones intetested. The motor was less than mint so no promises and the price reflects that.

Old standby motors head came off and lo and behold factory crosshatches no scoring and little thrust wear. Tore it down to find my buddy had rocked it for 2 years, 6 dragstrip days and countless laps run as a corner worker with no bolt in the timing belt tensioner.

But here it is ready to go in painted w new gaskets and cam, front, and rear seals

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts