Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what I can do to clean up my wheels? Since the snow started I only washed my car once and now my GSR blades are plastered with salt and are all grimy, I want that shine back once all the snow melts away!

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
before you sand them, try a good wheel cleaner from someone like Meguires. If that doesnt work, then start resorting to other options. Hose off your wheels, then spray wheel cleaner on them. After that fill a bucket with hot soapy water and scrub the wheels down with a soft bristle brush. hose off and you should be good to go.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Eagle F21 FTW, thats what i use, or use the Bleach White whitewall cleaner that works really well to

·
Registered
437 Posts
try and clean them first, but if not, wet sand them with 220,300,400,600,800,1000,1500,then 2000, then polish them with some compound.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I bought some Eagle One wheel cleaner and cleaned my wheels last Saturday and my wheels look a lot cleaner now but there's still some brake dust that's pasted on there but once it gets warmer out then I'll clean it again and use warm water since the temperature wasn't the best on Saturday. But I think I'll also sand my wheels down and polish them since I can see parts of my wheels starting to look shinier and I want all of it to shine.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
So I bought some Eagle One wheel cleaner and cleaned my wheels last Saturday and my wheels look a lot cleaner now but there's still some brake dust that's pasted on there but once it gets warmer out then I'll clean it again and use warm water since the temperature wasn't the best on Saturday. But I think I'll also sand my wheels down and polish them since I can see parts of my wheels starting to look shinier and I want all of it to shine.
Well I can tell you from personal experience, this Mequiars Hot Rims All Wheel cleaner is the bomb!!!!!! Ive used lots of diff. types, and after a good hard winter, this kicks butt! Now if you dont do the rims often, ya might need to use a good brush on them too. But if this stuff dont do it, then NO cleaner will!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
if you got "speckles" on the wheel thats stuck on and it wont come out with scrubbing use a claybar to remove it. it works great for stuck on crap on your car, leave the surface smooth to the touch, this is what shops use to remove over spray and crap stuck on paint. BEWARE if you use this on your wheels you will not be able to use this on the rest of your car the particles from the wheels get stuck to the claybar and will scratch your paint. (thats why i have two)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts