Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im just getting everything sorted for the mini-me on monday, and I still cant get the cam/valve/rocker cover (Whatever you call it! :)) clean... Wet/dry paper scratches it too badly, and it has some ground on dirt and stains on it.

Id likie to get a replacement one at some point (Like mugen or whoever sell them), but until then, any suggestions for cleaning it up??

Cheers guys! :D

·
Registered
934 Posts
use a brillo pad or SOS, you can use a super light wet sandpaper and wet the paper. simple green can also do wonders and use some meguirs alum polish to bling it out!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, I have some of all of those... I'll give them a try!!!

CRYZ2 - You going to Trax at Silverstone on Sunday?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha! Nah... not with my standard Z2 (A6).....

Maybe next year when Im running a turbo!! ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, but Im also one of the slowest Rover Coupes at the moment.... (There will be loads of the 2.0 turbo guys there as well.... 200+ bhp!)
Might do though....! lol!

Ive got a Z2 engine (UK equivalent of A6). Got a Z6 head waiting here, ready to fit on Monday! :D

I'll need to have a look into turbo's nearer the time... but at the moment, just the fact I can buy the Greddy kit for just over a grand sounds pretty lovely to me!! :)

What are you running?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol!!! Not bad at all!

Im not bothering with cosmetics until I have some decent power underneath... (Why waste the money on paint, if I only destroy the thing anyway! lol!). To be honest though, the coupe looks good anyway, Ive lowered it on Avo's, thats about all that needs doing for now...

Whats next for you then?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool! Sounds like a plan!

If its of any use... I may have an A6 head lingering around as of next week? Could you use that?!

Im hopefully going to get me a nice Skunk2 cam gear.. Im hoping I can get one cheap at Trax!!

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
thats very nice of you man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it could be very helpfull , i will pm you when i get back , and see how your swap went , i will stay in touch
ps if you what to pop over to a uk civic site i am a mod on one its very new but has some good stuff on it come and have a chat or a look about
www.4guk.co.uk
pps very cool bunch of guys good for some hook up ect
nice one
simon

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will do... I'll have a look!

Have a good holiday mate!

Ben

1 - 20 of 21 Posts