Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My d15b idles pretty rough, so I want to take off my idle air bypass valve and clean it really good.

Does anyone know if there is any plastic or rubber inside the valve? I'd like to soak it in a gallon of that carb cleaner stuff, rather than just using deep creep.

Anyone else do that before?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'll do that tonight and see what kind of results I get. I just thought that the full immersion type cleaner might work better, if we can use it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yea I just sprayed some carb cleaner through mine really well then blew it out with some compressed air, helped alot...not sure if it would be good for the electrical stuff inside of it if you were to fully submerge the valve but I guess I'm not realy sure...I think a lil carb cleaner would be plenty...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yea I just sprayed some carb cleaner through mine really well then blew it out with some compressed air, helped alot...not sure if it would be good for the electrical stuff inside of it if you were to fully submerge the valve but I guess I'm not realy sure...I think a lil carb cleaner would be plenty...
+1, submerging it would probubly be a bad idea.... carb cleaner ftw!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts