Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
there isnt anyway of cleaning your injectors without sending them out.. its not hte outside your cleaning its the inside.. just add 2-3 bottles in your tank is the best way, or do it the better way, and thats sending them out to get cleaned and flow tested...

why do you think the injectors are the cause of high emmisions??? most likely a cat issue... or if your car is tuned, that can be an issue too

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there isnt anyway of cleaning your injectors without sending them out.. its not hte outside your cleaning its the inside.. just add 2-3 bottles in your tank is the best way, or do it the better way, and thats sending them out to get cleaned and flow tested...

why do you think the injectors are the cause of high emmisions??? most likely a cat issue... or if your car is tuned, that can be an issue too
there's pulsing int he exhaust also I gonna change the fuel filter to

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
yep alcohol is what alot of people use. also going for a spirited drive right before inspection also helps u want to get that cat nice and hot

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
You could always build some device to clean them. What I did was use a bike pump and rubber hose filled with cleaner; and a bench power supply to hold the injectors open. Not as clean as sending them out but much cleaner than before.

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
You could always build some device to clean them. What I did was use a bike pump and rubber hose filled with cleaner; and a bench power supply to hold the injectors open. Not as clean as sending them out but much cleaner than before.
yup ive heard of doing it this way before but instead of a constant power supply pulse it so the injectors open and close getting the iner workings actually cleaned. I havent tried it, just been told by a neighbor who is a honda marine/Marine engine builder etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts