Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i used 3m wire pad things(can't remember the name of what the pad is called but its like a wire pad or so) and clean green. some carb cleaner/brake cleaner. and warm water with some soap at the end. then i rinsed it off. i also used a regular plastic brush thing.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
or that lol... just put plastic bags over the dizzy and tie it off and the alternator unless this is all been reemoved/

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i painted my d15b with that high temp paint they have at walmart. the aluminum color. although i think it looks a little too shiny for me.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
a little off-topic but what paint do you guys use? Anyone have issues with the paint coming off?
i dont think a lot of people paint there blocks......

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
im just gona use the scrufing pad/steel wool, then some break cleaner then soap and water. mask off all the intake/exhaust ports.

Im using engine enamle form autozone on the block and tranny. aluminum color.

the tranny :

·
Registered
857 Posts
I let machine shop guy to glass bead blast my block. Got very beautiful, and cost 10 Euros ($13) because it was already disassembled, cleaned/washed and masked.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Im in the process of painting my transmission as well. I've already painted my motor. I used a wire wheel on a air drill, red, blue and white scotchbrite pads(different colors are softer or harder) and lots of brake clean. Before i did any painting of color, i sprayed self-etching primer. That primer will actualy bond to the bare metal ot helps make ure finish color look better. As far as the paint i used it called "alumablast". When i sprayed it on my new oil pump to test the color, it matched perfectly u cany tell a difference in color!!!! Will post pics when my buddy comes over tonight.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wouldnt paint my block if I were in your situation...when you read write-ups on people painting there intake tube and intake manifold its because it basically "seals" the cool air in. Painting your block would essentially seal the heat in would it not? Maybe im way off

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I wouldnt paint my block if I were in your situation...when you read write-ups on people painting there intake tube and intake manifold its because it basically "seals" the cool air in. Painting your block would essentially seal the heat in would it not? Maybe im way off
yup ypur way off. a THIN layer of polimers and metal flakes wont do shit to the engine, plus last time I checked the radiator and coolant are what cools the engine :).

/asshat off :) lol

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yup thats engine enamle, same im using.

·
Registered
639 Posts
When I had my block apart. I blasted it with baking soda. Worked really good. Paint was dupicolor engine enamel ford red and aluminum on the tranny! VHT high heat 1600F on the exhaust manifold!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts