Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaned my Exhaust up.

I picked up this exhaust for a good price awhile back but it was dirty as hell and is for a hatchback.(I'm hoping I can just add a piece in). so I thought I'd clean it up since it's almost that time to start buying new parts and adding new parts to the car.

So here are the pictures of the exhaust in the condition I got it.

-TAG

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
:bravo: man - that's some good cleaning you did :TU: i like the little bit of the cat on the last pic.

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just used a scuff pad on the pipe, and autosol on the shiney parts. I used a wire wheel on a dremel to clean up the welds. It took about 5 minutes per piece of pipe to clean the pipe sections, the shiney parts were about a half hour each, about an hour on the "High Flow Cat" which is not a cat at all, but really another resonator by the looks of it. That bag was a bitch.

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How does the magnaflow sound?
I find it kinda quiet, but maybe that is because it's on my bench. ha ha

Well the muffler I have on my car is magnaflow, and I love the sound of it.

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good job... maybe shoulda put in the DIY section... i'm sure ur not the only one who likes clean pipes.... stupid question but ummm.... would it have been much harder to do while it was on the car?
Well I haven't installed it yet, but it could be done on the car for sure, just drop the hangers a bit and clean it, won't be a problem I don't think, I'll most likely clean it once or twice a year at least, most likely before shows and such.

-TAG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.