Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need tips on how to clean the engine bay/engine....fill me in if uve ever done it. I want it to look brand new.. lol

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
i detailed cars for 6 year you want to get some good engine degreaser. company called ardex makes a chemical called 5209#227 auto and marine cleaner you can buy it in a gallon bottle or 55 gal.drum you cut it 50/50 this stuff will remove all the crap a engine bay may have. to brightem up your engine bay you can us another ardex product called 6220 dull away or 6200 details, details comes in a spray can and dull away comes in a gallon bottle. you can find these produces on this site www.k2distributing.com good luck hope this helps

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
what was this thread about? heavy hooters?

I thought it was dangerous for an amature to use a power washer on an engine bay! Be very careful around electrical things. Cover your distributor and filter (only if it's open) with a plastic bag or something. Just my 2 cents for a noobie...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea... i am going to be careful around the electrical...does this mean i cant spray the wires at all?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
for a beginning job, try simple green. Most autoparts stores carry it (get the big jug). I gets a LOT of gunk off. Then you can finish it off with some heavy duty stuff on the areas that didn't get totally clean.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9461&highlight=d15b+install

look at like the 12 pic or so... i cleaned my new (used) d15b with simple green and it came out ok. The crap on the intake manifold is some kind of deposits that I probably will have to use harsh chemicals on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts