Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,New to this forum and figured I could score some knowledge/info.I'm not a honda guy,im into foxbody mustangs and street racing but I also have this mini and just started and instagram! Come check it out its brand new and will have videos /racing added soon!

D16z6 vitara/eagle motor is going in now! Was stock and then Turbod for the last few years but this year I'm going further.More boost and LSD etc :)

Attachments

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Now that's crammed in!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the car NA for a little while and got bored/wanted it faster for when i went to meets and people would get some runs off.The struggle is getting it to fit under a stock length nose/the style grill i chose and NOT wanting anything hanging out.

I tried a few D series kits including greddy and none would fit properly so me and my buddy made the manifold you see.The wastegate plumbing is weird due to it hitting where it should be so it ended up there.Good conversation peice.

I ran it like that with 4psi for a while and bought myself a hondata s300 to play with.I was quite amazed how close it was with little effort.STOCK injectors no intercooler.I didnt want to put an a2a under the hood somewhere with no airflow or bother with a fan..

I finally put a barrel a2w intercooler in place and got it fitted.Before i ran the water lines i bought a boost controller and put it on and raised the boost to 7psi which literally felt WAY better.Wasnt even close so i NEVER went back! Stock injectors still NO water to the intercooler.Was funnnnnn and have a few videos of some races which i will post links to! Car was maxed out with the injectors and iats were getting slightly higher but not bad.

I beat the piss out of this car bad every chance i could.I suspect it had some sort of oiling problem.Pistons/plugs/rings/cylinders all look great but 2 rod bearings were shot and the rods turned BLACK lol.It spun during some races and i made like 5 hard pulls back to back but it sometimes would tap here and there off and on so i suspect oiling problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt want to pull the intake (you have to because each runner is cut and its held together with silicone coupler 90s)to change injectors on the car and try to base tune it myself and not be able to get it close and have to put it back.. but since then i have installed 650s on my buddys integra and its good.

I will be pushing this TD04H frame turbo hard.It has an external wastegate 8.5cm housing and i will be turning it up until the car feels unsafe or turbo maxes out.If the turbo maxes and i want more its getting a billet 19t or 20t 6+6 blade compressor wheel,and a 9 blade turbine wheel which is 3 less blades to free up space in the turbine side for more flow/more hp.

I wanted to do a bisimoto cam and springs,but i didnt want to do that only to have to turn down the boost because the car is unsafe or too much for the small ass tires lol so im creeping up in steps

I drive 10/9 second cars often ...but this thing is far different.Im pretty sure 250-275whp will feel stupid in this :)

My goal is 300whp someday..rear mount turbo? Hmm...

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
my 19T greddy kit have 299.2WHP just for refrence. that is at 21psi. See signature

Would love to have a mini to play with, but the conversion kit for a honda motor is soo expensive :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool car. I also have a VTEC Mini that runs an N/A D15B VTEC engine in a Minitec subframe.

Just curious - what brakes are you running under those 10" wheels? My car has the Mintitec "superbrake" kit that requires the big, heavy 13" wheels. I love the look and handling of the 10" wheels better though and will likely be going back to those soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts