Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title says, this post is about the annual meet at the Tail of the Dragon, US 129 in North Carolina and Tennessee. October 16/17, so this Saturday and Sunday. I plan to post pictures from the meet here (if that's ok mods * slo edit, I got no problem *). But I wanted to first post to invite any of you that are close to come and represent DSO at the CHD's 6th meet. I have several friends that are planning on going. (I'm actively trying to peer pressure drtalon123 into going with the gray EG, but aero would be cool too, whichever, you know).

So I'm planning on taking the blue wagon up there (hoping she'll do fine, I've never taken it on a long trip, so praying over that lol). How many of you are local enough to the NC mountains to think about coming out. They have a pre-meet at 9AM, and the meet starts at Fontana Dam at Noon on Saturday, and then continues on Sunday. I plan to go up Saturday, and would love to see any of you there. Anyone think it's a possibility that they might come out. I know of several cars coming from out of state to the meet, and hoping for a few on here to come out and represent. I plan to caravan up I-40 to get there if anyone wants to join in the fun.

Again mods, I plan to showcase any of our cars that show up here in this thread, and I'll likely post a few others that are super sweet.

Here's the site:

https://www.classichondasonthedragon.com

Who's game? It's free.........

Reactions: robgoof

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill be there in spirit 馃槀
You're gonna love some of the cars I know are going to be there. The only other wagon I know of that'll be there has a Rotrex supercharger on it. Some of the Honda Rescue Garage wagons might be there as well. I'll get pics my friend. Wish your DOHC ZC could be there with us!

• Love
Reactions: EFB055

Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
i've been wanting to go to one of these for so many years.
i'm stuck here on the wrong end of the country....

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If DrTalon123 comes, there will be 4 cars in our caravan. I plan on bringing enough tools, so if anyone has a breakdown, we'll be good to go.

Sorry for all our Canuck, Aussie, Kiwi, Polish, UK, etc. friends that can't go. You will be with us in spirit and hopefully we can get a lot of pictures and video so you feel like you were a part of the whole thing. I'll put something together with the help of others :)

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive parking light

Oil changed, tires and wheels cleaned, trim prepped, new wiper blades from Honda installed, all underneath bolts checked and tightened. Fluids checked and topped off.

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She's a sight, really no road trips on her? Is she high maintenance or are you paranoid she might be?
No, not high maintenance, just a 300+whp turbo car that hasn't done a lot of interstate riding. It'll be about 4 1/2 hours one way for me.

Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
No, not high maintenance, just a 300+whp turbo car that hasn't done a lot of interstate riding. It'll be about 4 1/2 hours one way for me.
It will be ok, your car is clearly not a bargin bin built bucket that's going to rattle itself apart.

Sadly not that kinda boat, think G rated family vacation.

Formerly weebeastie
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So who was there this weekend, I heard my name was mentioned by a few DSO folks that was there.

Guess you found a "shitbox" wagon with a SOHC and hidden turbo,
Yes, I found Tony. He must've texted lol. I saw the Kentucky number when we swapped info, he said near Cincy, and I said, hey, do you know Bones?

Just got back. About to upload some pics here in a bit, unless I fall asleep first.

It was an amazing trip!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts