Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Claimin' this threads ass, like i do my h03s!!! MY 95' HONDA CIVIC PROGRESS...

Soooo, here is my 1st civic... i have to say my 1st love was a 5.0 92 mustang coupe, balanced & blueprinted forged boss block 310ci, J302 aluminum heads, A51 RR, trickflow EVERYTHING, 100 shot of zex, and BOOSTED W/ A .57 TRIM!!! that i poured all my iraq money in... Buuuut thats another story (R.I.P. STOLEN NOV. 25/08 )...

ME!!! handsome devil aint i?

^ Specializin' in foreign realtions est. 1984

FOB Kalsu, Iraq

Me & my LT, Kuwait... full combat load & SHIT! It was HOOOTTTT!

So back to my 95' EG(EJ2) Honda Civic coupe dx. as you can see my car started life as a p.o.s. "cool" chick car... it had a pretty strong d15b7

The 1st thing i did when i got the car was try to wash it! but sumbody put a maaco p.o.s. paintjob on, so it still looked oxidized...

so w/ some of the money i had left from the "sandbox", i made these upgrades.....

-rota +40 slips (yahmaha Black w. polished lip.)
-ebc slotted & dimpled rotors w/ red stuff pads
-dropzone performance shocks/struts
-vogtland 1.5 inch drop springs
-meagan upper f & r sturt tower bars (polished)
-meagan lower f & r lower tie bars (polished)
-ac autotechnic silver carbon fiber intake (polished)
-complete airmass exhaust w/ cat delete
-black housed projecters
-eneos 5w-30
-pennzoil syncromesh tranny

after that she ended up lookin like is... i sprayed the hood flat black cuz the lady i got it from got an oil change, and thy forgot to close the hood down to the second latchpoint, and it flew up & dented the roof & cracked the windshield!!!!

sooo then the wreck happened.... i dont have any pictues i can find as of now...but, who the hell would want to remember that shit?!

long story short, i got cut off, no blinker, no smoke-signal. nothin. and then the esse slammed on his bakes... needless to say, i smashed into the back of him, but it only ruined my crush zones... not my frame. when i pulled over to exchange insurance info... he jetted off in his bastard ford aerostar-painters van.

here's the culprit (just imagine diff paint colors from 84 to present drippin & perm. dried on the sides)

so after the wreck for a second i wanted to build an R33 front civic... you remember the gold one that used to be in the "extreme dimensions" add? yeh, pitiful i know...... lol~

to fix mycar, it required;

-complete new fan shroud
-new raditor
-new core support that had to be rewelded in
-new hood
-new headlights

however, in my defense, this was a real versus motorsport version, imported from japan!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i ended up deciding to do somethin different.. i always loved wings west so i decided to hunt down thier polyurethane lip kit.... because we all know jdm is best.

and boi did i have to hunt. it took me about 6 weeks to get the sides, I GAVE 100 FOR THEM..., and another 3 months to get the front & rear. i finally found it on california's craigslist, in VERY good shape for 250$ SHIPPED!!!

- F & R - G5 wing west lips (still sell for 569$ from wings west)
- 96-2000 civic wings west racing series sides (151$ from wings west)

i scored the demon carbon fiber wing off a dudes Evo on base for 120$ because he got a cf trunk... plus i like autocrossing, a lot of people like it on my car, it matches the body lines really well... (ill take some angle pics to show what I mean a little later...) but, a few people hate the wing, ... i only have one thing to say: "SO WHAT, ITS STAYING. THIS IS MY DAMN CAR, SO FUCK YOU." other than that, ENJOY!!

@ this point i was still running the n/a d15b7 w/142whp w/ some tuning.... hell i dont even have pictures of that shit.... this is also the time i joined D series.

wait, i lied, i have one from the swap....

i had a garret turbo w/ greddy rs bov, 2- 1/2 inch exhaust main 187.3whp & a measly 126.2tq w/ a very safe tune.

sooo now the fun starts to happen... i started learning a lot about hondas from YOU GUYS, my D series fam( THANKS GUYS!! )

AND I WANTED A B SERIES!!! so i sourced one out, a 99 GSR w/ 76,000 original miles. i gave 1400$ all together for the complete swap.

heres my man Art w/ the swap....

he's a really really good friend as we (along w/ K.C.) tackled the swap together w/ a couple of the local hash smokin, booze drinkin "hoods"...(lorne, ju. jay) & i stored my car in his garage for damn near 3 weeks!! (THANKS ART & NICKY(the wife)!! I love you guys!!!) this was my 1st swap so i took my time, and did it right.... i also learned most of my honda knowledge @ this time, and id like to say, there's NOTHING like hands on experience.

the 1st thing i installed was a skunk 2 pro series intake mani, seen here....

we yanked the d15b7, i sold the complete swap fo 300 dollars to make up for what i payed for the intake. let me tell you, this motor mustve known i was finna sell out on it, because it took 2 days for us to calm down & be level headed enough to get the fuckin' pass. side drive axle out!!! Lol!

heres one of them damn local "hoods", my bro Prince Ju....

heres what else they brought....

YOU GUESSED IT, GOLDSCHLAGER & IT DID MORE THAN KEEP US WARM!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's the old faithful d15b7;

the empty bay....

now... time to drop the B!!!! after i cleaned the bay a bit... right before nightfall we were lowering the engine...

finally got it all down & bolted in....

after i hooked up all the hoses & fluids, i took her for a drive on a no-tech p06..

and got damn... i really noticed a hell o' a difference right away. im NEVER coming back to the D. Sorry, i love it... but i gotta do whats best. i got my p72 about 2 weeks later cuz my ecu was no bueno.... i paid 100$ for it. i had a friend wire vtec 1hr. later... and i was IN LOVE.

heres the bay now......

-b18c1 (full gsr swap, 76k)
-p72 ecu
-skunk2 pro series intake mani
-hondata gasket
-dc sports ceramic header 2 1/2" collector
-ac autotechnic c.a.i.
-jotech aluminum racing radiator
-poly mounts
-timing bump

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
and heres how my car sits today... newest thing is the canadian sir model headlights....

interior:
-NO A/C, -NO P/S... SHIT THEY DONT MAKE THE CAR GO NO FASTER...
-full black gsr leather seats
-ctr type carpet
-hidden monster tach
-razo pedals
-skunk 2 short shifter & knob
-alpine head unit (ca9583 i think)
-memphis 2000.2 amp
-12" kenwood dvc 1000w

exterior:
-oem f & r bumpers
-wings west G5 poly. lip add ons
-16' rota slips w/ falken ziex 512 (205/40)
-trust lug nuts
-5 1/2 inch tall "low" demon cf wing
-tyc tails

notice the jdm sideview mirror delete?

rollin...

here's my chipped wheel...... my homie who tought he could "really 'rive" did this.. damn chank... but he paid 200 bux th next morning... so were square!!

notice where my tach is?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ummmmmmmmm??

Cool swap? Cant say much for the exterior.
Its kool man, it NEEDS PAINT! Haahaha that used to be my sig.

But I ko once its painted, it'll be a totally different looking car.

It takes time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Hatchback
571 Posts
cool car man. Alot of work put into it and lot of ups and downs but at least you finally have something that you like. Will you be boosting the B down the road?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
i like.

subscribed.

Reactions: EGBEAST

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
GSR ftw kneegrow :td:

Reactions: EGBEAST

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool car man. Alot of work put into it and lot of ups and downs but at least you finally have something that you like. Will you be boosting the B down the road?
thanks a lot! def. a lotta ups & downs man... MAN! boost! maybe sooner than later.... the boost bug is bittin' me worse than the mosquitoes down the in the south man! maybe around dec-march area.... rep!

i like.

subscribed.
thanks! rep!

GSR ftw kneegrow :td:
hahaa! you know it! rep!

and i repped everybody before too!!!:clover:

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
nice car man, sad to see another d being left for a b series but whatever works for you. keep up the good work :td:

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i can def appreciate the time and work put in.. what was the mod list with the 143 whp d15 though out of curiosity..? i can also say ive never personally seen that lip kit..

lip kit doesnt look bad but i think it would be better if color matched.... not really feelin the wing or tails though... what are ya thinking of as for a boosted setup? ive got a boosted gsr, itd be nice if it was done.. but oh well sometime hell will freeze over lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
what does it look like inside the power chamber intake ive always been curious as ive never seen one in person

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what does it look like inside the power chamber intake ive always been curious as ive never seen one in person
man, aint shit in here!!! Its a big ass open space bro... Its all marketing lies.. It used to have a ram air duct that attached to it... But other than that... Its just like any other intake.. Just bigger.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i can def appreciate the time and work put in.. what was the mod list with the 143 whp d15 though out of curiosity..? i can also say ive never personally seen that lip kit..

lip kit doesnt look bad but i think it would be better if color matched.... not really feelin the wing or tails though... what are ya thinking of as for a boosted setup? ive got a boosted gsr, itd be nice if it was done.. but oh well sometime hell will freeze over lol
HAHHA! i know man... it takes a lot of time and patience... ad sometimes it does feel like we gotta wait for pigs to fly to make stuff happen.

damn it was so long ago... on the d, so ill giv you what i know.....
-airmass header & catless exhaust stepped to 2.5"
-c.a.i.
-skunk 2 i.m.
-68mm t.b.
-stage 2 port/polished head w/ 3 angle valve job
-p28 ecu
-safc
-b&m fuel press regulator & str fuel rail
-ctr crank pulley
-cometic compression riser head gasket
-aem 5 bolt cam gear

and some minor tuning man... honestly thats all i can remember.. but it feels like im leaving something out...

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
woah, to much to quote to much to type.

clip note version

your skunk2 "header" is an intake manifold

that mad tyte "jdm" mirror delete is just how normal 92-93 dx coupes are no side mirror.

the car looks confused and kinda ricey but it may look better after paint.

its not my style but its not my ride so do you homie.

·
Registered
140 Posts
nice work on being so dedicated to your car. It will be soooo worth it when u see the end results of your hard work & labour

*ninja edit* wings ftmfw

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
woah, to much to quote to much to type.

clip note version

your skunk2 "header" is an intake manifold

that mad tyte "jdm" mirror delete is just how normal 92-93 dx coupes are no side mirror.

the car looks confused and kinda ricey but it may look better after paint.

its not my style but its not my ride so do you homie.
I was like what the hell? Where is a skunk 2 header?! Give it to me... then I saw the damn typo...

Thanks for pointing that out...

My car is a 95 btw, my good friend sent me the delete from Japan, so mines real, he's stationed there.

Yeh, im sure the paint will tie it all together.. Pictures really don't do the car any justice... that and the fact its not painted due to everything else goin wrong!

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts