Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I extended my 2 wires from the distributor to c1 and c2, should I have used shielded wire?
And also, why is it that on the obd0 to obd1 jumper, the shielded o2 wire is connected to one of the ckp wires? The white o2 wire in my engine harness is longer used and instead there is a white wire on the sub harness for the o2. O2 is hooked up correctly with no codes. Now just the code 4. I just rerun new wire from blue/Green and blue/yellow to c1 and c2, and have tried 2 different distributors.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Did you do all this?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you do all this?

Yes, except I ran my injector wires differently. I ran all 4 injector wires straight to the ecu and spliced them into my jumper harness at the correct pins. And ran the other 4 to ecu. I believe it was a25 that 4 wires went to since I'm not using a resistor box.
I just ran new wires to the distributor today using shielded wire from my parts harness and no difference.
Also, the picture is calling it a cyl position sensor. Isn't it the crank sensor, or same thing?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
It's the same. Check the jumper harness,I've seen them go bad and have odd issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On OBD1 and OBD2 MPFI distributors you have CKP, CYP and TDC (each one has 2 wires). CKP (CranK Position) and CYP (CYlinder Position) are NOT the same. Never had an OBD0 dizzie in my hands though - I assume it's the same thing there when they're MPFI..
Just to make it clear. Not the same thing. I presume you have to have both wired correctly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On OBD1 and OBD2 MPFI distributors you have CKP, CYP and TDC (each one has 2 wires). CKP (CranK Position) and CYP (CYlinder Position) are NOT the same. Never had an OBD0 dizzie in my hands though - I assume it's the same thing there when they're MPFI..
Just to make it clear. Not the same thing. I presume you have to have both wired correctly.
I'm using an obd1 z6 dizzy as well as p28 ecu. Code 4 is for ckp, which is what the 2 extended wires are for (blue/Green and blue/yellow)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there continuity from the ECM to the dizzie for the new shielded wires? Did you hook the shielding up to the other cable's shielding or its grounding cable?
Did you double check the pinning of those cables at the dizzie and ECU (they're not pinned to the wrong spots or maybe reversed?) and your jumper (you mentioned the O2 wire beeing hooked up to the CKP wire??)? What kind of dizzie is it? Aftermarket or OEM? Aftermarket ones tend to throw a CEL - even when brand new - because they screwed something up there with the sensors.
Could you try another P28?

Are you sure you wired it correctly?

From what I see, there's different pinouts - CKP should be referred to as "crank angle sensor" here.. maybe you have to change your wiring again or at least mod your jumper harness?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there continuity from the ECM to the dizzie for the new shielded wires? Did you hook the shielding up to the other shielding or its grounding cable?
Did you double check the pinning of those cables (they're not reversed?) and your jumper (you mentioned the O2 wire beeing hooked up to the CKP wire??)? What kind of dizzie is it? Aftermarket or OEM? Aftermarket ones tend to throw a CEL - even when brand new - because they screwed something up there with the sensors.
Could you try another P28?
Shielding is grounded to the thermostat, I'll make sure the pins in the dizzy clip are tight but I know there are in the ecu because I've gone over that a dozen times lol. The wires on the jumper are going to the correct obd1 p28 pins. I've tried 2 dizzys but I just got another oem one at the junkyard that I'll try. I do have another p28 but it is chipped for a z6 turbo set up. I did plug it in just to see if it would throw the same code and it did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you route the wires for the CKP and CYP directly to the right pin on the ECU or did you route them to the jumper harness? Because in one of the OBD0 pinouts I found there, the CYP uses C1 and C2 while the CKP is using B10 and B12. :!: Maybe you got them mixed up and they're connected to the wrong terminals on the ECU? And what is it with the O2 sensor wire hooked up to the CKP one? Did you seperate that?

Let's first wait for the results with the oem dizzy.. if it's still persistent, check your wiring again. Though I still bet it's the wiring.

Blu/grn and blu/yel from the dizzy need to go to B15 and B16 on OBD1 ECU plugs. Orn and wht need to go to B11 and B12 on OBD1 ECU plugs. Check if your jumper harness does that or if it messes stuff up (or maybe you did by pinning the OBD0 plugs differently).

The ECU was okay before? Or don't you know if it's still good?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you route the wires for the CKP and CYP directly to the right pin on the ECU or did you route them to the jumper harness? Because in one of the OBD0 pinouts I found there, the CYP uses C1 and C2 while the CKP is using B10 and B12.
Maybe you got them mixed up and they're connected to the wrong terminals on the ECU? And what is it with the O2 sensor wire hooked up to the CKP one? Did you seperate that?

Let's first wait for the results with the oem dizzy.. if it's still persistent, check your wiring again.
I will try the junk yard dizzy today and I'll also take a picture of the wiring when I get home too. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts