Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I wanted to do a little cleaner build thread here and re-introduce myself as the other one had gone stale for 2 years.

I mostly dealt with ED civics / crx's when I was very active member. I had always wanted an EG or "newer" civic and finally picked up a 97 Sedan.

I've tossed around the decision of selling it and giving up on my hopes that I'd ever have a turbo'd civic on any level, but here I am and I'm too close to quit now.

1997 Honda Civic Sedan
D16Y7 - 176,xxx miles at the time of purchase.
All Original , EVERYTHING

Where we are today:

I decided a long ass time ago that I loved the Rota Grid Con caves; however, at the time they were only producing a 16x8 +0 and I wasn't about to get a +0 because of all the camber / fender rolling required.

I picked up 15x8 +20 Polished Grids and shot in the dark on tire size, and I think I missed because this wasn't the look I was going for at all and now I'm stuck with it because I've been buying turbo parts and not tires or camber kit.

I introduce to you, the 4x4.

So...much...tire...

Any suggestions on my next tire size, because the 205/50/15 isn't working for me?

Alright let's get back to business here.

What else I've done....

So here we are....

I don't have any pictures of my turbo stuff yet because I fail at life and between moving and trying to return to normal from that it's slipped my mind to do so.

I'll update when I get some pictures this evening.

So yea, as far as the into goes. Any suggestions on fixing my way to much damn tire issue?

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a really clean car, I just really am kicking myself for not going with the 16x8 + 20's so I can have more rim / less tire. I am wondering if it's just the width that makes it look so meaty? Maybe I should drop down to a 195/50/15?

Well I let it bother me so much I bypassed ordering my injectors this paycheck and ordered front and rear camber. Maybe I can lower it some more and it wont sit so damn high now.

Attachments

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I would drop down to 195/50 for sure, I believe the make a rota grid with the concave look but still closer to 30-40mm offset (not positive though). Also what's your plan for the intake setup, are you going to use the y7 manifold or swap to a y8?

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've got a y8 manifold sitting next to the kit at the moment I intend on using. I just have to figure out this 2 wire IACV thing that I keep hearing I have to do.

My paycheck was about 200$ more than I expected this week and I am already at 42 hours on the new pay period with another 30 hours left in the work week, so I should be able to chomp down on my Injectors, MAP, and gauges this next paycheck.

Then it's time to save up for my Hondata S300. I think for now I am going to throw it on stock block and change the clutch to something more favorable and see how long that last me.

I ordered my piping and Walboro 255 in tank from Greg @ Go-Autoworks 2 days ago so I am pretty excited about those, even if it is a small detail.

Edit:

Yea I noticed this evening they make a "concave" now at a +35 offset, too bad that wasn't around when I bought my damn rims. Oh well, live and learn. I think I am going to tell the wife I need a windshield and tires next week as well so I can drop them down to a 195/50, because the meat of these tires is killing me...

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I suffered a pretty significant set back today.

I decided to finally get off my ass and go to the garage and break down my z6 so I could get the block hot tanked / crank turned and the general machine work I needed to get ready for the Vitara build.......well I found a window in the block beside the oil filter and under the water tube, so it's trash. The only positive is it got the rod on the downstroke and the head is fine. So I guess I'll sell or trade that for a y7/y8 head.

I guess now I will just plan to re-build my y7 for vitara and have my car down for a few weeks, My wife should love that idea lol.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Looks like a decent start, sucks about the block hole. I have 205 40 17's on mine, I would size down the width if I was you, mine look cool, but ride like a brick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts