Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 97 civic i am trying to get the engine wiring harness out of the vehicle. it runs threw the firewall. question is. is there a trick on how to get this out of the firewall? wish they had the clips like the 92-95 so you didnt have to mess with this shit

·
Registered
69 Posts
they run down throught the fire wall onto the ecu itself. there are two 10mm nuts the hold the loom down to the fire wall undo the nuts and unclip the loom from the ecu and it shud pull out into the engine bay

·
Registered
323 Posts
dash wiring unplugs from the ecu and isnt apart of the engine bay wire loom. The engine bay wire loom unplugs from the ecu and can be pulled threw the firewall after the 2 10mm bolts are taken off.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
Yes for some reason which I will file under the same awesomeness as putting MacPherson-style struts on Civics and Acuras now, Honda decided one day that HEY, LET'S MAKE THE HARNESS ONE BIG LONG FUCKING DEAL GOING RIGHT THROUGH THE FIREWALL STRAIGHT TO THE ECM.

:3dtard:

All the poor people who have to replace a section of it now have to do the whole shootin match instead of just one half of it like the '95 and earlier Civics.

Sure am glad I have a '95 :bigok:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts