Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Yeah. The guy in the Civic seemed like he had a lil more experience. Nice job posting the car in my avatar. I eat Enzos for breakfast lunch and dinner.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
You'd need much more than just power and suspension. Wider tires(modification to the fenders), take some of the weight off, RWD(I'll explain later), etc. There's plenty of fast FWD cars but all of them are limited due to the fact they're FWD. If it's a very short track, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. There was a CRX that beat a NSX(both race trims) but the CRX weighed like 700kg IIRC(around 1500lbs; fully gutted and some) and after a couple of laps the NSX was slowly catching up(front tires on the CRX started wearing out).

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
You'd need much more than just power and suspension. Wider tires(modification to the fenders), take some of the weight off, RWD(I'll explain later), etc. There's plenty of fast FWD cars but all of them are limited due to the fact they're FWD. If it's a very short track, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. There was a CRX that beat a NSX(both race trims) but the CRX weighed like 700kg IIRC(around 1500lbs; fully gutted and some) and after a couple of laps the NSX was slowly catching up(front tires on the CRX started wearing out).
Well then that would require me to put in the wagnovan AWD and get forged gears in the tranny.

Like this guy http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3_IHTfs

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Well then that would require me to put in the wagnovan AWD and get forged gears in the tranny.

Like this guy http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3_IHTfs
The RT-AWD wouldn't help it much vs. much of the other AWD systems out there. The video proves it helps with taking off; not corner exits.

Something like a complete AWD designed from the ground up; retrofitted into the CRX or a STi, Evo, etc. powertrain swap would work. But then again, could that really be considered a CRX?

In a small track, it's a whole another issue; FWD cars have a chance there. Larger tracks, you'd want to upgrade your car(NSX, S2000).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts