Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Talked to my Honda rep. Type-r will be more then $40k.

For $36k you can get a Focus RS. My buddy just bought one, baby blue in color.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
1.5L instead of 2.0L. Lame.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
The coupe looks so gross vs the sedan type r for some reason. I knew they wouldn't give the Si the same motor as the type r, I see a bunch of people swapping the ex-t with an Si ecu for a quick hp increase

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
...and once again, Honda tries to appeal to the tuner/driver crowd with marketing instead of substance.

Looks like I'll continue abstaining from anything Honda past 2001.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
...and once again, Honda tries to appeal to the tuner/driver crowd with marketing instead of substance.

"meh"

:exnbpslap:

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
while i was pretty disappointed the motor wont be a lager displacement, i really hope it will actually be different and not just a more aggressive tune with more boost. I am however very curious what they are doing with the suspension.

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
while i was pretty disappointed the motor wont be a lager displacement, i really hope it will actually be different and not just a more aggressive tune with more boost. I am however very curious what they are doing with the suspension.
Agreed, but not releasing a hatch means I won't be looking to buy one. :doh

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
The coupe looks so gross vs the sedan type r for some reason. I knew they wouldn't give the Si the same motor as the type r, I see a bunch of people swapping the ex-t with an Si ecu for a quick hp increase
I was not aware the type-r was available in a sedan. I thought it only came in wagon form.

Agreed, but not releasing a hatch means I won't be looking to buy one. :doh
My Honda Rep gets all bent out of shape that I call it a wagon and not a hatch.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I was not aware the type-r was available in a sedan. I thought it only came in wagon form.

My Honda Rep gets all bent out of shape that I call it a wagon and not a hatch.
As far as I know honda is calling it a sedan but it looked like a hatch to me. If you compare the Edm type r to the usdm type r though you can tell it's not a hatch

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts

Shit, I thot it would be about the same price range, but yea, boosted AWD for less $$.. but then again, If your driving a CTR, it might be a collectable and go up in value

Yea, Im not thrilled about the styling. But if the CTR us going to be numbered and only a limited production run to US, buying this for the collectible aspect as it might go up in value..But who knows if the 2nd sticker will push it up to upper 40's or even 50's?:rofc:

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts

Insanely quick and undeniably stylish, this Focus RS will have valet attendants clamoring for your keys. Achieving aerodynamic balance with Velox Motorsports front and side splitters, and equipped with a 2.3-liter twin-scroll turbo kit and EFR internal wastegate turbocharger, this speed demon clocks in at 450 horsepower of all-wheel-drive excitement.

Base Vehicle

2016 Ford Focus RS
2.3L I4 EcoBoost engine
6-speed manual transmission

Modifications

Powertrain

Full-Race: Focus RS 2.3L twin scroll turbo kit, front mount intercooler and aluminum charge pipes, 3” turbo back dual exhaust system, 3” cold-air intake system, crankcase catch can
Wavetrac front differential (LSD)
The DriveShaft Shop upgraded CV axles and 1 piece carbon driveshaft
BorgWarner EFR 76/70 internal wastegate turbocharger

Chassis

KW Variant 3 coilover suspension
Whiteline front and rear adjustable end-link sway bars

Wheels & Tires

Finspeed F110 (19”x9.5”) wheels
Toyo Proxes R888 (245/35ZR/19) tires

Exterior

BASF Stealth Gray and Fire orange paint
Slick Shot custom paint and body
Velox Motorsports front race splitter, side splitters, rear diffuser

Interior

Schroth 3” Quick Fit 5 point racing harnesses (SFI Approved)
COBB Accessport V3
AEM Electronics boost-dependent water/methanol injection system
AEM Electronics methanol gauge
Watson Racing 4-point bolt in rollbar

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Amongst Honda enthusiests from the old school originators, die hard racers, etc, etc, Is pretty much in agrement. Everyone is face palming since 2001 when Honda lost its heart. Now if honda wanted to get back into the game, they couldve used the same K engine as before and added a turbo. Have it de-tuned and ready for customers, tuners, racers to get their hands dirty again (like back in the 90's) and start tuning this for real world excitement. This Si might be the fastest Si ever, but .01 seconds isnt much to make that claim. But putting in a de-tuned K 2.0L paired with a low spooling turbo just waiting to be uncorked is a no brainer. The excitement level wouldve been off the charts. I didnt goto SEMA but I can probably guess that people just walk on by thinking.."meh, Just another Civic" and to an extent, theyre right.

Why the CTR is going to be upwards of $40K+ for marginal results against a true tuner like the Focus RS ($36K) is beyond me. I think designers and engineers in Japan dont leave the island to see what the competition is. Lack of power, Abrasive styling, weight gain plus other nuences is why honda fans are trying to stay honda fans, We've been putting our heads in our hands for too long and looks like the WOW factor is still waiting to happen. Do you know how hard it is to admit to people that your a honda fan these days?!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
My boss was on the wait list for the Type R, till a few weeks ago. He gave up and got a Tesla Model S P90D. That car is AMAZING! Screw the Si or R, a used S is around $60k and is a way better car.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts

Sorry but I honestly don't believe that your Honda rep's word is more than just speculation. Even at the $35-36K price point that most are anticipating the CTR at, Honda will still have a hard time competing with the RS and STI.

I'd be willing to put money on it. $35-36k.

And all these people surprised about the 1.5T. They've already promised the quickest and most powerful Si which means that it will certainly be an upgraded version of the EX-T's powerplant

1 - 20 of 25 Posts