Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys my car only does this when it is raining out or snow..and when driving my car sort of putters...I coming out of first and it doesnt feel like it has power then when i sort of floor it..it doesnt go and then it kicks in randomly and goes quick back to normal? It does it in any gear..:( It has new battery..new alternator if that helps..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Guess: Dis cap gasket.

Get a spray bottle filled with water. Then run your engine and start misting around ignition parts. That should tell you if moisture on your ignition has anything to do with it.

Do you have any engine lights?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess: Dis cap gasket.

Get a spray bottle filled with water. Then run your engine and start misting around ignition parts. That should tell you if moisture on your ignition has anything to do with it.

Do you have any engine lights?
hmm idn about dizzy cap gasket cud be it...I will try changing that..

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
From my personal experince it could be the iac valve malfuntioning too...

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Well something is getting fucked by water and I think you may just be sucking in enough water to make a difference. Have you ever noticed it when it doesn't rain?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well something is getting fucked by water and I think you may just be sucking in enough water to make a difference. Have you ever noticed it when it doesn't rain?
never noticed when it doesnt rain..

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
ill try to go do now..while its raining..maybe it will help..I wont let rain get under hood obviously..one sec
Is anything wet? lol I have water spots on my valve cover from hitting puddles and what not lol

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
hmm wouldnt that be noticeable at idle?
possibly mine has a tendancy to idle lower than usual when it does and then has the same problem when i shift....oh and also do you still have a/c on the car this will cause a similar feel..at least in the older models..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts