Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and havent come up with a straight answer across a few forums.

So here I go:

98 civic 4 door ex

Drivers door unlocks using the switch and fob and the other sounds like the are trying but nothing happens 85% of the time and the rest the of the time only one will work randomly

any one have run into this issue? or even better have a fix for it?

i havent checked anything but the switch itself which is fine

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
are the locks hard to move manually?

my GF's 1st gen CRV (so basically the same latch assemblies and actuators), similar thing was happening with the passenger side, eventually the whole thing seized up.

fixed it by taking apart the latch assembly and cleaning and lubing it. it was rusted bad.

·
Registered
Crx
418 Posts
^ x2.. The actuator should drive a rod, pop it off and try locking and unlocking the door. If the actuator is good you will obviously see it moving back and forth. If the actuator is bad it will usually make a grinding noise which you should be able to hear with the door panel intact.
I'd also wager the latch assembly is worn out. I work on this kinda stuff everyday, really a person should pop the door panel off every couple years and re lubricate all the moving parts if you want it to last.

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
^x3 sounds like it popped off track worst comes to worst accords oddessys civic integras ect all use the same power door lock actuators 92 to 00ish if you broke the plastic on it

·
Registered
476 Posts
Check the wires in the rubber boot between the body and the drivers door. They fatigue and break at the metal connector in the plug. They can make intermittent contact a cause sporadic operation.

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check the wires in the rubber boot between the body and the drivers door. They fatigue and break at the metal connector in the plug. They can make intermittent contact a cause sporadic operation.
This way be it. I checked the harness and noticed the harness was wrapped in tape and playing with and some started to stop and work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts