Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an auto 97 civic hx with a d16y5 vtec-e motor and i want to convert the car to 5 spd and i want to put the rocker arms from a y8 head into my y5 head. my question are what do i have to do to so my car will run on a p2p? ive read a couple of threads saying something about the 5 wire wideband sensor has to be changed to a 4 wire o2 sensor. does the auto hx have a 4 wire o2 sensor?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Pretty sure all the HX autos are CVTs - and my guess is, if you want to keep using that transmission, you'll have to use the stock ECU.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
why not just swap heads and sell the head off. pretty sure all HX's ran a 5 wire (wideband) to closely monitor the air/fuel ratio considering that engine was designed to lean burn.

in short, swap trannys (add clutch/flywheel), head, ecu, O2 sensor, change wiring that may be needed and should be good.

of course the obvious of pedals and shift linkage was not mentioned

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was gonna try to just put the rocker arms from a y8 head in to the y5 head to make it run like a y8.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
your motor do what you want, but i would like it would be easier to just swap heads and be done with it. can't remember if that is even feasible, there was a post around here about that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts